Re: how to proceed with my application

Heya,

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 12:17:16PM -0400, anarcat wrote:
> I am following the new maintainer process to become a Debian developper.
> You can see the details of my process here:
>
> https://nm.debian.org/nmstatus.php?email=anarcat%40koumbit.org
>
> Before christmas (sept. 29th), I answered my application manager (AM)
> with my answers for the P&P I set of questions. Since we were both quite
> busy at a time, we agreed, in november (26th), to push the application
> to after Christmas. After Christmas, I went my to my AM for new
> questions, and I haven't heard from him since.
>
> I have tried pinging him again in march (24th) and tried pinging him on
> IRC.

I'm more than terribly sorry about this. I did not forget you and I was
going to take care of your application a couple of times but never
managed to actually find enough spare time to do it in the depth and
quality that I would like to do it. A couple of time I though "well,
I'll do it tomorrow, so no need to send any alive-signs today" … I guess
that was a mistake :-/

> I can only assume that Sebastian is very busy and overlooked those
> emails, hopefully nothing bad happened there. :)

Nope, everything's fine … I just did not get around to it at all.

> My question here is: how do I proceed from here? How can we unblock this
> process?

Coming here was the right first step and, as Micah suggested, contacting
FD would be the correct next step … anyway, this has been done by done
and this E-mail is Cc'ed to FD as well.

Since I do not see much free time popping up any time in the near
future, I think it's the best that you get a new AM assigned to you and
I better spend any sparse time I may find on my other Debian duties. As
soon as you've got a new AM, I'll hand everything over to him to make
the transition as smooth as possible.

@FD: I've just changed "maximum applicants" to zero and I'd like to ask
you to assign a new AM to Antoine.

Sorry, that this did not work the way I would have liked it to go.

Antoine, thanks for not giving up! Hoping to be able to welcome you as a
DD soon :-)

Cheers,
Sebastian