Re: Advocating Timo Lindfors <timo.lindfors@iki.fi>

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 04:27:00PM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:

> Auth-Key: nmauth49421f3d67f6f11cd681aeca9563ff46
> Applicant: Timo Lindfors <timo.lindfors@iki.fi>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I have been working with Timo on the Debian for Openmoko since Debconf
in Extremadura, which was in 2009. Working with Timo means I was trying
to do things and he was the one who told me how to do them.

We have been maintaining omhacks together since november 2009, and many
of my last uploads have been little more than pulling from Timo's git
repo, skim through the diff, build and upload. In other words, I came to
fully trust his ability to build good quality packages.

Timo formally only maintains 2 packages, but he is one of the key
players in pkg-fso-maint (the Debian on the FreeRunner group), and
judging from the thread that followed his DM application[1], the Debian
ARM and BSD people also value his contributions and might want to chime
in ;)

I believe he is already ready to be a DD now, and has been for a while,
and can't wait to just see it finally happen.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2011/03/msg00018.html

Ciao,

Enrico

--