Re: Advocating Sebastian Feltel <sebastian@feltel.de>

Hi,

On Freitag, 31. Dezember 2010, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> Sebastian is the founder and main administrator of the German
> debianforum.de. He has not maintained packages and, as far as I know,
> doesn't intend to. But he has been following Debian development closely
> for many years now, has contributed by supporting the German Debian
> community [...]

I've only met Sebastian once, at Linuxtag last year, where I have spoken with
him about the possiblity of him helping maintaining forums.debian.net (under
a planned forums.debian.org address). He was positive of that idea, but due
to him not being an official contributor, this proved difficult at that time.

IMO maintaining web forums for Debian is a valuable contribution and should be
recognized as such.

From these meetings over those two days I can say that he's a nice person to
talk to and hang out with.

cheers,