AM report for Heiko Stübner

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Heiko
   Middle name:     Stübner
   Key fingerprint:
   Account:         mmind
   Forward email:   heiko@sntech.de

   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
wouter@celtic:~/debian/nm/nm-svn/nm-templates$ ./keycheck.sh 9AFB7B8C9A5F5BBC
Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key 9A5F5BBC from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
pub   2048R/9A5F5BBC 2006-04-29
      Key fingerprint = 795D 0851 095C AACA 16CA  7925 9AFB 7B8C 9A5F 5BBC
uid                  Heiko Stübner <heiko@sntech.de>
sig!3        9A5F5BBC 2010-05-22  Heiko Stübner <heiko@sntech.de>
uid                  Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
sig!         30825345 2009-05-28  Erik Schanze <schanzi_@gmx.de>
sig!3        9A5F5BBC 2006-04-29  Heiko Stübner <heiko@sntech.de>
sig!         558FB8DD 2009-05-11  Jan Dittberner <jan@dittberner.info>
sub   2048R/8C5A8E1E 2006-04-29
sig!         9A5F5BBC 2006-04-29  Heiko Stübner <heiko@sntech.de>
sub   1024D/EA316797 2006-04-29
sig!         9A5F5BBC 2006-04-29  Heiko Stübner <heiko@sntech.de>

3 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
Check for key expire stuff
Valid "e" flag on key 0x9AFB7B8C9A5F5BBC, no expiration
Valid "s" flag on key 0x9AFB7B8C9A5F5BBC, no expiration

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:
My first contact with GNU/Linux was with Suse when I was still in secondary
school - a friend who studied at the local university introduced me to it.

When I first tried Debian after reading much about it, Potato was the current
stable release - I still keep the cds :-)
The only other Distributions I came in contact with are Knoppix and Ubuntu.

Professionally I work as software engineer and server administrator (Debian of
course) but my main private interesst which lead to my current involvement in
Debian is my phone - the Openmoko Freerunner.

After using Debian on it since the beginning in april 2009 I began to package
the vala implementation of the freesmartphone.org software stack named
cornucopia. After doing this on my own and only showing my progress to the
pkg-fso team I was invited to join in june 2009 by Luca Capello. Since then I
tried to stay above the cornucopia<->vala breakage [they share much
development and with each new vala version something breaks] and improve the
Freerunners usability.
As part of this I often chase vala bugs which are part of a young and fast
evolving language [see #547204 for something were I didn't have sucess so far]

Since december 2009 I'm also Debian-Maintainer.

In retrospect I don't regret a bit the change to the Freerunner and I wouldn't
want to change back to any featurephone or  smartphone running anything but
Debian.

Apart from the freesmartphone.org stuff I maintain agtl a tool for paperless
geocaching and libnl2 a snapshot of the current libnl development tree needed
as a build-dependency of libfsobasics.

All the stuff is available on
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=heiko@sntech.de

Future plans include improving my (everyone elses) phone experience on the
Freerunner. Also the Google Nexus One is released in some days in germany and
as I have read it should be fairly easy to get it to run Debian nativly.
Another intresting gadget I have my eye on is the txtr ebook reader which also
is not restricted and should boot any GNU/Linux distribution off the sd-card.
[and it also includes a gsm modem].

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Heiko has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Heiko committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Heiko has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of various freesmartphone.org-related packages (sponsored
   by his advocate, Steffen Moeller), as well as the agtl, libnl2, and
   vala-dbus-binding-tool packages.

   All packages are in good shape.

   Heiko also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems.

   I recommend to accept Heiko as a Debian Developer.

trying to fool the system.