Re: Intent to become a Debian Maintainer

Hello,

On 04/28/2010 08:23 AM, Tang Ke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer [1].
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages openpref, tanglet.
>
> My GnuPG key 94D6CBB0 is signed by the Debian Developers Li DaoBing.
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.
> Thanks for your attention.

I support Tang Ke's application as a Debian Maintainer.

I have sponsored the tanglet package, which is maintained by Tang Ke.
It's a little short since he start packaging for Debian, but he shows
good skill in packaging, and has a fast-response on bug report or new
upstream version.

Recently, we met in Beijing during a conference, Through our talking, he
is also show long term interesting on Debian.

He is working for lemote, which is making a CPU called loongson[1]. And
lemote also help linux distrubutions(including Debian) ported to
loongson[2]. So I think if he can doing more works in Debian, it will
help both the Debian community and Loongson community.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loongson
[2] http://dev.lemote.com/code/linux-loongson-community

Thanks
LI Daobing