Re: New maintainer application from Daniel Nurmi

Dear all,

On 05/04/2010 09:08 PM, Daniel Nurmi wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer>.  I have read the Social
> Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian Machine Usage
> Policy and agree with all of them.  Currently, I am the Director of
> Engineering of Eucalyptus Systems Inc., and am responsible for release
> management of Eucalyptus software and packages (including some
> Eucalyptus dependencies).  Currently, these are the axis2c and
> rampartc packages currently in Debian and future eucalyptus-*
> packages.  My GnuPG key 77F726CD is signed by the Debian Developer
> Steffen Moeller.  I look forward to becoming a Debian
> Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

some of you may already be aware of it, Eucalyptus is an Open Source
implementation of the functionality known to us from the Amazon
Elastic Compute Cloud.  Together with Charles <plessy@d.o> I am
sponsoring a series of packages of Eucalyptus for Debian. The effort is
rather impressive, not only the sponsoring :) , in that the system
depends on a series of packages in the Java world of which many
have not been available to Debian before. So, Eucalyptus has a
series of individuals keeping an eye on different subsets of those
packages, and Dan is the one to keep an eye on it all.

I herewith strongly support Dan's request to be accepted as
a Debian Maintainer. He may not be the one to upload in routine,
but whenever there is something to fix urgently or the routine
uploader being abroad, we shall be pleased of Dan's offer to
be available for our community. Well, it's also in Eucalytus'
healthy self-interest.

Looking forward to nice clouds over Debian

Steffen