Re: Advocating Matt Zimmerman <mdz-debian@alcor.net>

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 01:01:42AM +0000, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauthcc6c3570779ad5fc8562e2e2b1d5c801
> Applicant: Matt Zimmerman <mdz-debian@alcor.net>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I've been working with Matt Zimmerman in the past months in the context
of various cross-distribution collaboration activities, and most notably
the derivatives front desk and mailing list initiatives. Matt work there
has been useful and constructive. In the specific context of the
relationships between Debian and Ubuntu, Matt has been very helpful and
showed he cares about Debian. He has also engaged—I dare to say "on
behalf of Debian" even if he has done that of his own
initiative—specific boards of Ubuntu (e.g. their technical committee)
bringing before them topics of Debian interest.

Regarding the adherence to Debian values, Matt is an emeritus Debian
Developer and I have no doubt he is ready to uphold them, as he did when
he was a project member.

Cheers.

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams