AM report for Niels Thykier

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
 First name:     Niels
 Last name:      Thykier
 Key fingerprint: B313 1A45 1DBF DF7C A05B  4197 054B BB9F 7D80 6442
 Account:        nthykier
 Forward email:  niels@thykier.net

   ID check passed, key signed by 7 existing developers:

   Checking key
   gpg: NOTE: signature key 86BA0EF1 expired Fri Jun 18 01:43:30 2010 CST
   pub   4096R/7D806442 2009-05-27 [expires: 2019-05-25]
        Key fingerprint = B313 1A45 1DBF DF7C A05B  4197 054B BB9F 7D80 6442
	uid                  Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
	sig!         01FA8B4A 2009-06-08  Sune Vuorela <sune@vuorela.dk>
	sig!         E8C43461 2010-08-15  Ana Beatriz Guerrero López
	<ana@ekaia.org>
	sig!         00D8CD16 2010-06-12  Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
	<alexander@reichle.schmehl.info>
	sig!3        E0FC710D 2010-06-13  Jan Hauke Rahm <info@jhr-online.de>
	sig!         974B3E96 2010-08-06  tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org>
	sig!         C4FB7099 2010-08-28  Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org>
	sig!         C4FB7099 2010-08-29  Matthew Johnson <mjj29@debian.org>
	sig!         C1A00121 2010-08-08  Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
	sig!3        7D806442 2009-05-27  Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>
	sig!3        7D806442 2010-09-10  Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net>

	Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
	Check for key expire stuff
	Valid "e" flag on key 0x054BBB9F7D806442, expires Sat May 25 02:33:20
	2019, OK!
	Valid "s" flag on key 0x054BBB9F7D806442, expires Sat May 25 02:33:20
	2019, OK!

2. Background
-------------
  Applicant writes:

   I am a 23 year old student at DTU (Technical University of Denmark),
   where I study Software Technology. I learned about Debian GNU/Linux
   through my brother and installed in on my systems some time late 2004 or
   early 2005. I did also use Ubuntu on my laptop for a year or so, but
   eventually went back to Debian.

   During 2004/2005ish to 2007 I spent a lot of my spare time
   creating small (game) scripts for a server I was playing on.
   My passion for the game eventually died out when my skills eventually
   outgrew the language.

   I tried to find an open source project to join, but never found the
   time to actually join a project. In 2009 I stumbled across a small open source
   project, which I used to generate a few graphs for an assignment. I noticed
   that the program had	not been packed for Debian and I decided to try
   to package it.

   My contributions are currently limited to Java packages (modulo my first package,
   which is a C program). I think the most well known package I have worked
   on is "eclipse" and about 10-15 of the packages I have worked on has been a
   means to this end. Together with the rest of the eclipse team,
   I expect to maintain some of the add-ons to eclipse.

   I currently also have my eye on devscripts, lintian and dpkg. But devscripts
   may be enough to satisfy my needs for writing perl.

   My current "long terms" goals are getting eclipse-cdt fixed get the Java
   Policy into betteri shape.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
  Niels has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
  and answered all my questions about the social contract,
  DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
  in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.