Re: Application for Debian Maintainership

----- Forwarded message from Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> -----
> Dear Reader,
>
> this is the pledge and declaration of my intent to be accepted
> as a Debian Maintainer.
>
> I have repeatedly read the Social Contract and the Debian Free
> Software Guidelines, as well as the Debian Machine Usage Policy.
> I agree with their phrasing in letter and in intent.
[huge snip]
> It is my intention to continue implementing and auditing IPv6-behaviour
> in Debian packages where I detect weaknesses. I have even engaged in some
> select upstream software in order to make them IPv6-able and thus enter
> the Debian maintained collection. In particular I will act as member of
> GNU Inetutils.
----- End forwarded message -----

Hi all,

I have checked, uploaded and (ab)used Mats' patches in some packages.
He has helped a lot in bringing IPv6 to several applications (most of
netkit-* packages for example).

He was communicative and respectful. I really think he is a valuable
contributor to Debian already.

Easing his work (and recognizing it also) by naming him Debian
Maintainer would be a step in the right direction.

I hereby support Mats Erik Andersson application as Debian Maintainer.

Cheers,

Alberto

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta    | Formación, consultoría y soporte técnico
agi@(inittab.org|debian.org)| en GNU/Linux y software libre

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3