Re: Advocating Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>

On 05/17/2010 09:16 AM, NM Front Desk wrote:
> Auth-Key: nmauthafd925b4a442df1ebdf63f8a2196b79e
> Applicant: Heiko Stuebner <heiko@sntech.de>
>
> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).

I know Heiko from his work for the OpenMoko platform that I have been
frequently sponsoring for him. He is doing a good job and has also
educated myself to some degree on this. Heiko is a truly self-educating
self-driven individual from which not only  my personal education should
profit in my role as his default sponsor, or the pkg-fso team, but you
all and the world.

> You are encouraged to take questions such as the following into account
> but you're not limited to answering these:
>  - How have they contributed to Debian already?
He contributed in various ways to the OpenMoko (pkg-fso) platform.

>  - What do they intend to do for Debian in the future?
I am aware of his efforts towards telephony (which in my mind should
be sufficient, i.e. he should not distract himself more). Though he
has proven to have a bright and righteous mind, and strives to
contribute to our society at large, which is why he should leap
from his DM status to a full DD status.

>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?
I have observed his communicational patterns, both in German and in
English, which have all been flawless, i.e. nice and constructive.

> Please note that your answer may be cited on a public mailing list unless
> you indicate otherwise.
go ahead.

Steffen