Re: Advocating David Bremner <david@tethera.net>

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:19:46 -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> Auth-Key: nmauthb1f69a7735001892ef8663ed6d4e7f5f
> Applicant: David Bremner <david@tethera.net>

> David was always responsive, taking my
> advises seriously, and providing corresponding fixes in a timely
> matter.  Although bibutils is just a single package, and altogether
> our interaction with David was somewhat limited and mostly technical,
> from that experience I can state that David has good social skills and
> is eager to contribute to Debian.

I completely agree with Yaroslav; I also think that David has both the
technical and the social skills to become a DD.

Besides the already mentioned aspects I'd like to stress what I
appreciate:
- David has a careful and cautious approach, and prefers to ask for
  confirmation or re-check some documentation before doing something
  that might be wrong.
- As a consequence David's packages where always in good shape
  when I reviewed and uploaded them.
- David is very helpful and provides advice to others e.g. on
  #debian-mentors.

> He is also experienced to work in a team (co-maintaining highlight
> package, working with the pkg-perl team on several packages, nauty is
> under Debian Science Maintainers).

Right, we're working together in the pkg-perl team since 2008; David
not only cares for the six packages where he's in the Uploaders
field but has also helped to improve the "historically grown"
framework for building packages from multiple upstream tarballs
(before source format 3). He's also available for technical (or moral
:)) support on IRC.

> Therefore, I am advocating David Bremner for Debian Developer
> position.

I'm also advocating David Bremner as DD.

Cheers,
gregor
--
 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG Key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Die Schmetterlinge: Das letzte Lied