Re: Being advocated by a retired DD

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 03:52:12PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Thomas Weber <thomas.weber.mail@gmail.com> (14/02/2010):
> > Since then, I've handled the respective packages alone (I'm in
> > uploaders for all of them), so there simply is no other DD who could
> > judge my current work as good as Rafael (he was the only DD in the
> > group).
>
> I've noticed your fine work there during some time (I was then
> subscribed to pkg-octave-devel@), and noticed some interactions with
> the rest of the world; as you said, I can't judge you as well as
> Rafael, but I'm pretty confident you're ready to go through the NM
> process, and can advocate you.

+1. I regularly use Octave, and Thomas have helped me more than once
with some bugs and troubles with Octave. The fact that he manages to
keep one of the most useful packages for people who use Debian for
matrix and numerical computing up-to-date is definitely proof enough
that he is skilled enough, IMHO. Therefore, I would also be glad to
help him become a DD by advocating him.

Kumar
--
How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi $i done" in a GUI?
		-- Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces