Report for applicant Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>

Hello,

Report for new developer applicant:

   Damien Raude-Morvan <drazzib@drazzib.com>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Key ID: 1024D/85C79389, signed by Cyril Brulebois. More signatures
should be easy to obtain.

Keycheck results:

  Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
  Receiving and checking key
  pub   1024D/85C79389 2004-10-21
        Key fingerprint = B704 4655 C849 B4F9 DD62  CB86 C881 57C8 85C7 9389
  uid                  Damien Raude-Morvan (Mail) <drazzib@drazzib.com>
  sig!         747935DD 2008-08-19  Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
  sig!3        85C79389 2005-02-19  Damien Raude-Morvan (Mail) <drazzib@drazzib.com>
  sig!3        85C79389 2004-10-21  Damien Raude-Morvan (Mail) <drazzib@drazzib.com>
  uid                  Damien Raude-Morvan (Gnarc) <drazzib@gnarc.net>
  uid                  Damien Raude-Morvan (Secours) <drazzib@free.fr>
  uid                  Damien Raude-Morvan (ML) <drazzib-ml@drazzib.com>
  uid                  Damien Raude-Morvan (Web) <drazzib-web@drazzib.com>
  uid                  Damien Raude-Morvan (Linux-Nantes) <draudemorvan@linux-nantes.fr.eu.org>
  sig!         747935DD 2008-08-19  Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org>
  sig!3        85C79389 2005-02-19  Damien Raude-Morvan (Mail) <drazzib@drazzib.com>
  sig!3        85C79389 2004-10-21  Damien Raude-Morvan (Mail) <drazzib@drazzib.com>
  sub   2048g/C0BA5CE8 2004-10-21 [expires: 2009-10-20]
  sig!         85C79389 2004-10-21  Damien Raude-Morvan (Mail) <drazzib@drazzib.com>

  Key is ok
  Check for key expire stuff
  Key has an expiration date of 2009-10-20.
  Please check that its not in the past, AND that it is more than one
  month in the future at the time you will sent your DAM report!
  Thank you.

Applicant background:

  My name is Damien Raude-Morvan. I'm a french 25 years-old man, living
  in Nantes near Brittany (France). I'm working as a software architect
  in a small- sized software editing company [1]. We publish software to
  assist workforce management (i.e. planning optimization under
  constraints like skills, stocks, revenues) in utilities companies
  (water, energy, recycling, ...)

  Linux met me during 2001 as I was student : I was using Mandriva (aka
  Mandrake at this ancient time) on dual-boot to easily do my student
  homeworks. Some months later, this machine crashed and I never
  throught reinstalling MS Windows on dual-boot :) I remember switching
  from Mandriva to Debian during year 2003, and I gradualy evolve from
  simple Debian user to bug reporter. Since last summer (June 2008), I'm
  also contributing packaging work.

  On my spare time, I'm trying to give back to libre software community.
  I used to [4] do some coding work on small libre software projects
  like Wifidog or Gasell but I now tend to use my spare time to work on
  "non-software" projects. I'm a member of my local LUG (Linux-Nantes
  [2]), the french libre software association (APRIL [3]) and
  Nantes-Wireless (mesh metropolitan network access). From time to time,
  I also provide libre software training (at Nantes University) and
  doing advocating in my area.

  I'm mainly trying to contribute on the Java side of Debian [5] :
   - taking care of existing packages (like jzlib, rhino, mx4j, slf4j)
   - packaging new libraries (commons-vfs, commons-math, mina)
   - working on some large scale packages (spring framework, red5)

  [1] http://www.adeuza.com/
  [2] http://www.linux-nantes.org/
  [3] http://www.april.org/
  [4] http://www.ohloh.net/accounts/drazzib
  [5] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=drazzib@drazzib.com

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
Damien has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures.
He answered my Questions about Social Contract, DFSG, BTS etc. in a good
way.

3. Tasks and Skills
Damien maintains several packages; I checked logback, mina, sqlline,
tiles and velocity-tools and found them, as far as I could tell,
flawless.

He answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
Account:       drazzib
Forward-Email: drazzib@drazzib.com

Ciao,

Enrico