AM report for Jose Luis Rivas Contreras <ghostbar38@gmail.com>

Public AM Report for Jose Luis Rivas Contreras <ghostbar38@gmail.com>

1. Identification & Account Data
- --------------------------------
   First name:      Jose
   Middle name:     Luis Rivas
   Last name:       Contreras
   Key fingerprint: 3E7D4267AFD524072A3720AC38A0AD5BCACAB118 (0xCACAB118)
   Account:         ghostbar
   Forward email:   ghostbar38@yahoo.es

   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:
	Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
	Jose Parrella <bureado@debian.org>

   Output from keycheck.sh:

Thu May 28 11:58:20 BRT 2009
gpg: requesting key CACAB118 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
pub   1024D/CACAB118 2006-05-03
      Key fingerprint = 3E7D 4267 AFD5 2407 2A37  20AC 38A0 AD5B CACA B118
uid                  Jose Luis Rivas Contreras (ghostbar) <ghostbar38@gmail.com>
sig!         1880283C 2007-11-22  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
sig!         005C3B82 2007-11-23  Jose Parrella <bureado@debian.org>

[...]

Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.
76 signatures not checked due to missing keys

2. Background
- -------------
   Applicant writes:

   I'm student of Computer Engineer in the UNET (National Experimental
   University of Táchira in English) in Venezuela, I'm user of Debian
   since I was 14 years old and when I was 16 I became maintainer. I
   got into Free Software after reading a maganize of "PC Magazine"
   about Linux that says in the cover "Don't buy software ever more!"
   in May 2001. My first distro was Debian, I tried others but "All
   the ways get you to Debian"!

   Actually I'm maintainer of packages that're very important to me
   like powertop, rtorrent, pgpdump, gkrellm and xscreensaver, I have
   other perl modules that I use a lot. With Debian Venezuela I have
   organized a couple of BSP (with little fixs but a lot of learning)
   and a lot of succesfull IRC talks with #debian-devel-es for new
   maintainers.

   In my university I'm working as sysadmin of 5 linux/debian servers
   in the computer lab and 4 workstations, one with kFreeBSD and 3
   with Linux.

   One of my goal is with the workstation on kFreeBSD use it as buildd
   machine for kFreeBSD but the internet access is very limited to only
   weekends so I'm using it right now for testing new packages for
   kFreeBSD and will use it just for porting and after that I could put
   a buildd in my home.

   Google says:
   Lots of profiles from Jose:
	https://launchpad.net/~ghostbar
	http://wiki.debian.org/JoseLuisRivas/
	http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jose-luis-rivas-contreras/8/7b8/871

   His blog: http://ghostbar.ath.cx/

   And more info related to his GPG key, bug reports, post in technical
   mail lists and free software related work.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
   Jose has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Jose committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------
   Jose has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   Jose is maintainer of several packages.
   http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=ghostbar38@gmail.com

   He co-maintains various perl modules and is the sole maintainer
   of:
   libnet-dpap-client-perl (sponsored by anibal),
   libnet-rendezvous-publish-perl (sponsored by anibal)
   libnews-nntpclient-perl (sponsored by santiago, florian and he),
   mybashburn (sponsored by anibal and santiago) and
   pgpdump (sponsored by anibal).

   He also co-maintains (with Tormod Volden) the very (in)famous
   and controversial xscreensaver package (sponsored by anibal and
   damog).

   All packages are in good shape.

   Jose also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Jose Luis Rivas Contreras as a Debian Developer.

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)