AM report for Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Gilles
   Last name:       Filippini
   Key fingerprint: 2048R/7FFECF83 2009-05-27  A093 9BCC 0AC3 134E 56B4  8C91 EFE8 6C6C 7FFE CF83
   Account:         pini
   Forward email:   gilles.filippini@free.fr

   ID check passed, key signed by at least 3 existing developers.

   Output from keycheck.sh:

   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key
   gpg: requesting key 7FFECF83 from hkp server keys.gnupg.net
   pub   2048R/7FFECF83 2009-05-27 [expires: 2010-06-07]
         Key fingerprint = A093 9BCC 0AC3 134E 56B4  8C91 EFE8 6C6C 7FFE CF83
   uid                  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
   sig!         D75F8533 2009-05-31  Josselin Mouette <joss@malsain.org>
   sig!         023B3F4F 2009-07-11  Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
   sig!         144843F5 2009-07-14  Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org>
   sig!3        7FFECF83 2009-05-27  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
   sig!3        7FFECF83 2009-05-27  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
   sig!3        7FFECF83 2009-05-27  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
   sig!3        7FFECF83 2009-06-07  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
   sig!3        F2AC729A 2009-07-12  Raphaël Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com>
   uid                  Gilles Filippini <pini@pustule.org>
   sig!3        7FFECF83 2009-07-12  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
   uid                  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@edf.fr>
   sig!         023B3F4F 2009-07-11  Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net>
   sig!3        7FFECF83 2009-06-12  Gilles Filippini <gilles.filippini@free.fr>
   sig!3        F2AC729A 2009-07-12  Raphaël Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com>

   Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
   Check for key expire stuff
   Valid "e" flag on key 0xEFE86C6C7FFECF83, expires Mon Jun  7 23:43:01 2010, OK!
   Valid "s" flag on key 0xEFE86C6C7FFECF83, expires Mon Jun  7 23:43:01 2010, OK!

2. Background
-------------
   Applicant writes:

   I'm almost 43 and leave in France near Lyon. Married, 3 children.

   I've been working as an engineer in computer science at EDF - french
   energy utility - since 1993. I'm specialized in the scientific computing
   field. Not at the very scientific computing level, but at what are the
   scientific computing users' needs. I'd say I'm a kind of translator
   between the users and the admins.

   I started as a C/C++ developer of GUI for scientific computing software.
   I then came to QA and project management in this field and I'm now back
   to technical matters as a kind of "Debian / Linux guy" since the most
   part of our machines now run Debian.

   I got the computers virus around 1985 while reading an ad for the
   Sinclair ZX81. My first computers were a ZX Spectrum and later an Atari
   520 ST.

   I first came to linux in 1998 when I bought my first personal PC. It was
   also a time at work when we had many problems with proprietary software
   on Windows I had solve using Free Software such as perl, gcc and cygwin.
   So I was decided to give a try to a proprietary software free personal
   machine.

   A fellow co-worker gave me a Red Hat 7.2 CD set. I struggled a couple of
   weeks learning about Linux and trying to configure it to suit my needs.
   - From time to time during my internet search I read about so-and-so John
   Doe being part of an enigmatic Debian Project. I was curious about that
   and went to the debian.org page to learn more. And what I read then
   convinced me in a few minutes: Debian was *the* free - as in speech -
   Linux distro.

   I stayed a Debian lambda user until 2007.

   I've been playing in a festive brass band <http://pustule.org> since
   1992 and from time to time I need a musical score software. Until 2007 I
   used a combination of NoteEdit and Lilypond. When the NoteEdit upstream
   discontinued it and started NtEd I felt the need to give back to the
   community and gave a try at packaging it.

   Last year I couldn't resit to the OpenMoko Neo FreeRunner. Of course
   mine runs Debian. I packaged Navit - a GPS routing software - for myself
   and since other people were asking for it on the french OpenMoko forum I
   started to share it and then decided to push it officially into Debian.

   Last but not least I'm now at a turn in my day-job life: Since we're
   using Debian, I've convinced my chief to let me package some EDF free
   scientific software. That's the reason for my ITP on syrthes.

   As my involvement in Debian increases I've applied for DM. Bernd Zeimetz
   (my sponsor for Navit and advocate) convinced me to go for NM. And here
   I am.

   My areas of interest in Debian are mainly about the packaging process.

   Given my children and the brass band I don't have a lot of spare time.
   But since I've spent about 5 to 10 hours a week on computers at home for
   15 years I expect it won't stop tomorrow. Moreover I'll now have some
   real time to do Debian work at my daily job too \o/.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Gilles has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Gilles committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   Bernd Zeimetz, Erik Schanze and Sylvestre Ledru, and in some cases directly
   as NM).
   All packages are in good shape.
   Gilles also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Gilles as a Debian Developer.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>