Re: Debian Maintainer application for Stefan Potyra

Martin Meredith <mez@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:22:40AM +0200, Bruno Kleinert wrote:
>> Am Dienstag, den 22.09.2009, 20:23 +0200 schrieb Stefan Potyra:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer
>> > <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers>.  I have read the Social
>> > Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and Debian Machine Usage
>> > Policy and agree with all of them.  Currently, I maintain the
>> > packages min12xx and I co???maintain the packages fauhdlc,
>> > faumachine, faucc, trigger-rally and trigger-rally-data.  My GnuPG
>> > key 0x8d7fca91 is signed by the Debian Developer Bruno Kleinert
>> > (fuddl@debian.org).  I look forward to becoming a Debian
>> > Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.
>> >

> Hear hear! (apart from the knowing him personally thing)
>
> I've worked with sistpoty on a fair few occasions in Ubuntu, and have
> never seen any issues with his work.

You might confuse him with me :-)

In any case, I can wholeheartedly support his application. I'm working
with sistpoty for a long time, and can attest him excellent knowledge
about debian packaging as we have collaboratively written a packaging
reviewing platform. Since then he become an active ubuntu developer
where he reviewed and sponsored a lot of packages to ubuntu. Nowadays,
he is part of the MOTU release team, which requires even more
reviewing. (not that his ubuntu work would help debian directly, but I
think it shows that he is indeed familiar with debian packages and
interaction with other developers as well as users).

As for his packaging, I'm his regular sponsor for the faumachine and
related packages (vhdlc atm). The package was always in a very good
condition. For these reasons, I think he would be an excellent addition
for the DM keyring!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4