AM report for Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>

Hi,

Public AM Report for new Debian Developer applicant:
	Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>

1. Identification & Account Data
- --------------------------------
   First name:      Giuseppe
   Last name:       Iuculano
   Key id:	    0xAE3BE9AA
   Key fingerprint: AB92 A495 38EF 7A0E C816  A997 371A 69E3 AE3B E9AA
   Account:         iuculano
   Forward email:   giuseppe@iuculano.it

   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:

Mon Sep 21 19:33:49 BRT 2009

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key AE3BE9AA from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/AE3BE9AA 2006-02-27

      Key fingerprint = AB92 A495 38EF 7A0E C816  A997 371A 69E3 AE3B E9AA
uid                  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
sig!         797EBFAB 2008-10-10  Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.com>
sig!         09C5B094 2008-10-27  Norbert Preining <preining@debian.org>
sig!3        AE3BE9AA 2006-02-27  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
sig!3        AE3BE9AA 2009-05-11  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
sig!3        AE3BE9AA 2006-02-27  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
sig!3        AE3BE9AA 2009-05-10  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
uid       [ revoked] Giuseppe Iuculano <g.iuculano@azzurra.org>
sig!3        AE3BE9AA 2006-02-27  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
rev!         AE3BE9AA 2008-10-18  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
uid       [ revoked] Giuseppe Iuculano (Noamweb) <giuseppe@noamweb.com>
sig!3        AE3BE9AA 2006-02-27  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
rev!         AE3BE9AA 2008-10-18  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>
sub   2048g/4D7A4ACD 2006-02-27
sig!         AE3BE9AA 2006-02-27  Giuseppe Iuculano <giuseppe@iuculano.it>

15 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
Check for key expire stuff
Valid "e" flag on key 0x371A69E3AE3BE9AA, no expiration
Valid "s" flag on key 0x371A69E3AE3BE9AA, no expiration

2. Background
- -------------
   Applicant writes (on 20090702):

   I am Giuseppe Iuculano, I'm a student in Computer Science Engineering
   at the University of Catania (Italy). I was born in Catania, and I
   still live there.

   I started using GNU/Linux at the end of the 90's, I tested several
   distributions just out of curiosity, but at the end I choose Debian
   for the vitality of the project, the social contract, and its
   stability.

   In 2006 I was recruited by a local hosting provider as a sysadmin,
   and I started to package some software not included in Debian
   (smbind, apf-firewall,...). Subsequently, I realized I should start
   working to make those packages available to the Debian community,
   and I began my experience as a Debian maintainer :)

   Currently my contribution to Debian is focused on packaging and
   maintaining software related to my fields of interest. In the last
   weeks I also started to help the testing security team.

   Google says:
   Searching Giuseppe's name you return a lot of involvement in Debian,
   including his Debian Maintainer application, but one will also find
   contributions to several other free software projects.

   His blog: http://www.iuculano.it/

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
   Giuseppe has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Giuseppe committed to uphold the SC
   and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------
   Giuseppe has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer (or co-maintainer) of 27 packages.

   apf-firewall, arping, arpon, aspell-it, chkrootkit, dkms, dmraid,
   festival-it, freemat, fspy, gsmartcontrol, gtest, ipband, isoqlog,
   kompozer, mod-spamhaus, nmapsi4, nmon, procinfo, razor, secpanel,
   smartmontools, smbind, tcptraceroute, toshset, toshutils, wordpress

   I personally use some of the Giuseppe's packages and I think they
   are well maintained (chkrootkit, razor, wordpress). I took a look
   at these packages and I also checked freemat and kompozer, which
   are all in good shape.

   Giuseppe did a practical T&S on security providing patches, building
   patches and writing DSAs, his works was done using Debian's RT.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Giuseppe Iuculano as a Debian Developer.

Kind regards,
- --
Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)