Re: Debian Maintainer declaration for Denis Briand

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009, Denis Briand wrote:
> My GnuPG key 2F2BE6D3 is signed by
> the Debian Developer Raphaël Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>.
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer.

While I can't judge his (current) technical abilities, I had a very long
chat with him when I signed his key.

He's pleasant and takes his Debian job seriously, he's aware that he still
has a lot to learn (his main job is not in computer science) but he asks
himself good questions and learns quickly. He seems to cooperate nicely
with other contributors.

He started to contribute with the "new contributor game" that
I organized for the 4th edition of my book
(http://wiki.debian.org/RaphaelHertzog/NewContributorGame). I have seen
there very regular commitment in usual packaging maintenance
job.

He would certainly be a good DM.

Cheers,
--