Re: Cuban prospective DD can't acomplish NM identification

Raphael Hertzog dijo [Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 08:09:04AM +0200]:
> > > Was it not so that the "DAM phone contact" which is (nearly?) always
> > > set to "not required" in NM reports was about that, i.e. if the
> > > applicant cannot get near a DD, then the DAM talks to him on the
> > > phone, checking he is a real live individual, maybe reading his key
> > > fingerprint over the phone, and put the key in the keyring based on
> > > that?
> >
> > I hope not, having a chat over the phone is no id check.
>
> Yet that's the only id check that happened to me... (except the numerous
> signatures that I got after becoming DD.)

Well, the times they are a' changin'.

At some point in history it was determined that was not enough of an
ID check. Possibly, we should make some analysis on the current
keyrings to find if there are DDs (possibly among the old-timers) who
do not have any cross-signatures — I am adding Jonathan
(keyring-maint) on Cc: to this mail (in case he is not following this
list) to check if he is aware of any such check.

Of course, in any case, this would not be throwing DDs out, but should
bring to their attention they should actively seek somebody to
sign/verify.

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244