Re: Frédéric-Emmanuel Picca DM application

Hello

Sorry if this break the thread but I have just subscribe to this list and I don't know
with claws-mail how to reply with the right message ID.

I would like to explain why I am applying to be a DM. This is the first step for me before
I start a NM  procedure. Before I think it is good to be known by other debian peoples.
So I prefer to be reviewed by others and once they are confident with my skill to be
a good maintainer to gain their approval.

As it is not visible in my DM application, I use Debian since potatoes, all my involvement in
the project was about bug reporting since last year. Now that I have a permanent position
in a french research centre, I will have more time available for debian.
I started my involvement with the lisaac package to learn how to build a simple package.
the last upload is quiet old but now new version of this program is available since now.
Then my project for a longer term is to work with the upstream (like my research centre) to include
the tango control system into debian [8]. This work is a huge work and involve lots of competencies.
database, daemon, java, and later interaction with a maven repository used in the institutes to provide
a lots of what we call "devices" to control hardware using the tango infrastructure.

I known that a strength of debian is the Quality of their packages. That is why I ask questions
on the relevant mailing list to do the right thinks [1][2].
I already post a long mail on mentors to help me take decision about the best way to articulate
binary package dependencies [3][4] with no luck :((

I also need to learn plenty of things about java. So here a thread showing how I work in interaction
with other DD. (it was my first java package) [5]

My own scientific work could also be included I debian-science as it provide a C library
that can be used to control diffractometer. It was integrated in tango.
you can look at my code here [6] or here [7].

So you can see that I know exactly what I want to do in the debian project.

thanks for your attention. If you have further questions do not hesitate to ask.

See you

Frédéric

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org/msg03510.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org/msg03524.html
[3] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-mentors@lists.debian.org/msg63777.html
[4] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-mentors@lists.debian.org/msg63747.html
[5] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-java@lists.debian.org/msg13282.html
[6] http://repo.or.cz/w/hkl.git
[7] http://repo.or.cz/w/diffractometer.git
[8] http://tango-controls.org

--
GPG public key   1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171