AM report for Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>

1. Identification & Account Data
--------------------------------
   First name:      Sven
   Last name:       Hoexter
   Key fingerprint: 5B3B 2C82 5E34 8080 A8BE  6E0B C4A5 D58E AAAC 7BBC
   Account:         hoexter
   Forward email:   sven@timegate.de

   ID check passed, key signed by 7 existing developers.

   Output from keycheck.sh:
      Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
      Receiving and checking key
      gpg: requesting key AAAC7BBC from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
      127 signatures not checked due to missing keys
      pub   1024D/AAAC7BBC 2004-10-28
            Key fingerprint = 5B3B 2C82 5E34 8080 A8BE  6E0B C4A5 D58E AAAC 7BBC
      uid                  Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
      sig!         801EA932 2005-05-14  Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
      sig!         86A118E6 2006-06-25  Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.de>
      sig!         9B7C328D 2006-06-26  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
      sig!         BC7D020A 2006-06-27  Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
      sig!         D8480F2E 2006-07-12  Jan Luebbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de>
      sig!         AC15B50C 2008-08-23  Evgeni -SargentD- Golov
                                            <sargentd@die-welt.net>
      sig!3        BD8B050D 2006-06-26  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
      sig!3        AAAC7BBC 2004-10-28  Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
      sig!3        AAAC7BBC 2006-06-26  Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
      sig!3        AAAC7BBC 2009-05-06  Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
      uid                  Sven Hoexter <sven@stormbind.net>
      sig!         86A118E6 2006-06-25  Christian Hammers <ch@lathspell.de>
      sig!         9B7C328D 2006-06-26  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
      sig!         BC7D020A 2006-06-27  Alexander Wirt <formorer@debian.org>
      sig!         D8480F2E 2006-07-12  Jan Luebbe <jluebbe@lasnet.de>
      sig!         AC15B50C 2008-08-23  Evgeni -SargentD- Golov
                                          <sargentd@die-welt.net>
      sig!3        BD8B050D 2006-06-26  Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de>
      sig!3        AAAC7BBC 2006-02-05  Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
      sig!3        AAAC7BBC 2009-05-06  Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>
      sub   1024g/1B780AA2 2004-10-28
      sig!         AAAC7BBC 2004-10-28  Sven Hoexter <sven@timegate.de>

      Key is OpenPGP version 4 or greater.  Good!
      Check for key expire stuff
      Valid "e" flag on key 0xC4A5D58EAAAC7BBC, no expiration
      Valid "s" flag on key 0xC4A5D58EAAAC7BBC, no expiration

2. Background

      During that time I tried nearly every Linux distribution available and the
      only project offering an open development cycle and a stable upgrade
      path was Debian. So it was mainly a choice of the superiour technology
      to use Debian.

      In 2003 I picked up the task of mastering the Debian LinuxTag CD more or
      less by accident which was my first contribution in the wide Debian
      ecosystem.

      My first direct contribution to Debian was in early 2005 when Andreas
      Tille asked me to take over the small curator package after I had proposed
      some documentation fixes. In 2006 I decided to pick up some of the
      unmaintained packages (tclcurl, mysqltcl, dvipost, lyx) I needed for some
      of my work.

      Lately I had problems to find a sponsor for the Tcl related packages
      (now solved) and that got me to think again over my current contributions
      to Debian and how I'd like to continue. I decided that the next logical
      step would be to apply to the NM process and to become a full member of
      the project.
      So I asked for an advocate and Per, from whom I learned a lot during the
      two years of lyx packaging, supported me.

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Sven has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Sven committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Sven has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of tclcurl, mysqltcl and co-maintainer of lyx and dvipost.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Sven answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs. He also spent a lot of time on triaging and
   fixing bugs in lyx.

   I recommend to accept Sven Hoexter as a Debian Developer.

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                             Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprints: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79