Re: Proposed patches for NM templates

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:38:05AM -0300, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:

> What do you think about the presence of PH5b* in pp1? For me it sounds out of
> context. I would put this question in pp2 near PPb. Or even in one of the TS
> templates, maybe a bonus question.
>
> * Please describe what debtags is, and how you can contribute to
>   it. Do you find it useful?

I agree that that question feel out of place, and that it would probably
fit better into T&S. Not quite as a bonus question because hopefully
it's not a particularly difficult question.

I take that question as part of a sort of checklist of things that an AM
should make sure that the NM has heard of in Debian. Maybe as such it
should be rephrased, maybe dropping "do you find it useful?" in favour
of something like "how do you keep the tags of your packages up to
date?".

Or maybe the checklist could be made explicit, by having a single
question like:

 FOO1. What is your experience with:
        - Debtags
	- The Debian l10n team
	- Bug Squashing Parties
	- UDD
	- The Debian Wiki
	- Maintaining packages in version control systems
	- Alioth
	- Comaintenance
	- (add here other useful bits of Debian that we wish NMs had at
	  least heard of)

I am more and more thinking of the templates like a checklist rather
than like an exam, so this approach could be something I could be
tempted to give a try.

Ciao,

Enrico

--