DM application for Erik de Castro Lopo

Hi all,

I would like to become a Debian Maintainer.

I started using Debian in the year 2000. I am a professional software
and hardware engineer, with over a decade and a half of professional
engineering experience. In my current day job I have build over a three
dozen Debian packages for our inhouse developed software than sits on top
of a Debian  derived distribution.

I am also the main upstream author and maintainer of two libraries
already in Debian:

 * libsndfile
 * libsamplerate

I am pretty happy with current the packaging effort for these two
libraries and would like to focus my efforts on libraries and applications
written in the Haskell programming langauge. I feel that these are somewhat
neglected at the moment.

I already have a two new packages sponsored by Simon Horman.

 * haskell-curl
 * haskell-bzlib

I agree to the Social Contract, the DFSG and the DMUP.

I have CC'd my sponsors, Matt Palmer and Simon Hormans so that they can
advocate my application.

Regards,
Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo