Re: Declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer

Dear community,

Mattias Ellert wrote:
> <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers>.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain the packages:

about 30 at
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=mattias.ellert@fysast.uu.se

> My GnuPG key DF56FFF2 is signed by the Debian Developer Steffen Möller.
>
> I look forward to becoming a Debian Maintainer. Thanks for your attention.

Mattias is a physicist with a post-doc position at Uppsala University (Sweden). The Globus
packages were crafted as an ultimate consequence of his involvement in the maintenance of
the IT infrastructure for high energy physics experiments performed at CERN. We met (and
keep meeting) as collaborators of an EU project (if interested, see http://www.knowarc.eu)
to help these computational grid projects in gaining some higher and more public grounds.
His home page is on http://www3.tsl.uu.se/~ellert/ .

I strongly support Mattias' DM application, not only for the obvious relief that brings it
to me with respect to the sponsoring :)  Mattias has deep insights in the packaging with a
very fine love to detail and beauty. He thus provided many fixes to render the packaging
possible in the first place and solved tantalising conflicts between Globus-provided and
Debian-native libraries that he all successfully communicated upstream that nagged us a
long time. A few readers of this mailing list may have attended his presentation about the
packages at FOSDEM in Brussels (http://www.nordugrid.org/slides/20090207-mattias.pdf). He
is a good guy and nice to talk to, so, please accept him.

Many greetings

Steffen