Report for applicant "Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>

Hello,

Report for new developer applicant:

   "Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Key ID: 0xC154998C, signed by Dmitry E. Oboukhov (DD) and Alexander GQ
Gerasiov (waiting for DAM confirmation).
Keycheck results:

   Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
   Receiving and checking key
   pub   1024D/C154998C 2007-10-27
         Key fingerprint = 7CE3 D0F2 EE36 C94F AEF6  139C 721A 2B30 C154 998C
   uid                  Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>
   sig!         F8E26537 2008-08-21  Dmitry E. Oboukhov <unera@debian.org>
   sig!3        C154998C 2007-10-27  Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>
   sub   2048g/521260F2 2007-10-27
   sig!         C154998C 2007-10-27  Eugene V. Lyubimkin <jackyf.devel@gmail.com>

   Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

Applicant background:

   I am a 20-year student living in Ukraine. In 2007, some cold winter
   day my colleague told me overview of modern Linux distributions and
   some Unix ways, so I decided to try it, and Debian (Sarge) was
   chosen.  Despite I have significant problems on my hardware early
   times (the switch to 2.6 kernel a bit later solved most of them
   though), I found many positive things and began studying the system.
   Since a year Debian became only one OS installed on my computer. In
   the same time I started work on nlkt keyboard trainer, my first app
   for Unix. After a while I decided to try to put nlkt to Debian, and
   after successful upload (thanks to Vincent Bernat!) I adopted
   several other packages, and my Debian roads began.

   Now I am mainly doing maintainer duties for 16 source packages [1],
   including fbreader, html2text, htop, qmmp, unetbootin amongst others,
   plus working in area of package management: I wrote daptup utility to
   be informed about all changes in repository on every 'update' action,
   and I am developing cupt package manager to avoid some bugs present
   in APT design (I was a committer to APT from October 2008 to February
   2009).  All these areas are the ones where I have interest to work.

   [1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jackyf.devel@gmail.com

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
Eugene has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures.
He answered my Questions about Social Contract, DFSG, BTS etc. in a good
way.

3. Tasks and Skills
Eugene maintains several packages; I checked bindfs, fbreader, htop,
nlkt and swapspace and found them, as far as I could tell, flawless.

He answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

I recommend to accept him as a Debian Developer.
Account:       jackyf
Forward-Email: jackyf.devel@gmail.com

Ciao,

Enrico