Re: Intent to become a Debian Maintainer (DM)

Jan Beyer wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer[1].
> I have read the Social Contract, the Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> the Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> Currently, I maintain gwyddion within the Debian Med team and co-maintain
> bibus within the Debian Science team.
[...]
I am sponsoring gwyddion for Jan Bayer and am strongly convinced that Jan has the
technical skills that are needed to maintain Debian packages. I fully support his
application to become a Debian maintainer for his

 * strive towards excellency
   - good self-criticism
   - finds problems himself and educates himself over them
   - improves over what is good already
 * excellent communication
   - explains clearly what he is doing / wants to do on some package
   - is friendly

I hope Jan to be accepted soon as a Debian Maintainer. Jan will in the nearer future
presumably be very busy working for his degree, but eventually I see him becoming a full
member of the Debian society.

Best regards,

Steffen