AM report for Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>

iThis the AM report for Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x99E141B4:
   ID check passed, key signed by 3 existing developers:
     Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> 0x5B713DF0
     Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breitner.de> 0x4743206C
     Philipp Kern 0xB2CFCDD8

     Output from keycheck.sh:

     pub   1024D/99E141B4 2004-02-10
           Key fingerprint =3D 25FE 4741 4770 0558 949D  1DB1 58DD 3FE2 99E=
1 41B4
     uid                  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
     sig!         5B713DF0 2005-08-30  Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld=
=2Ede>
     sig!         4743206C 2007-10-04  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breit=
ner.de>
     sig!         B2CFCDD8 2007-10-06  Philipp Kern
     sig!3        99E141B4 2004-02-10  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
     sig!3        99E141B4 2005-08-30  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
     uid                  Micha Lenk <Micha.Lenk@stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
     sig!3        99E141B4 2004-02-18  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
     uid                  Micha Lenk <micha.lenk@fsmi.uni-karlsruhe.de>
     sig!         4743206C 2007-10-04  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breit=
ner.de>
     sig!3        99E141B4 2006-08-03  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
     uid       [ revoked] Micha Lenk <micha.lenk@mathe-info.fachschaft.uni-=
karlsruhe.de>
     sig!         5B713DF0 2005-08-30  Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld=
=2Ede>
     sig!         4743206C 2007-10-04  Joachim Breitner <mail@joachim-breit=
ner.de>
     sig!3        99E141B4 2004-11-27  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
     rev!         99E141B4 2007-08-26  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
     sub   4096g/3A3BE32E 2004-02-10
     sig!         99E141B4 2004-02-10  Micha Lenk <micha@lenk.info>
    =20
     17 signatures not checked due to missing keys
     Key is ok
     Check for key expire stuff
     Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

     I have been studying computer sience since 1998 at University of
     Karlsruhe (Germany). After I finished my undergraduate degree I
     was active in the Fachschaft Mathematik/Informatik, the student's
     representatives of mathematics and computer science, where I was
     responsible for counselling younger students in trouble with
     examination regulations and for administration of the LAN and the
     local workstations. In a growing team I reorganized the computer
     infrastructure, and we finally managed to create and host our own
     website, and share a common fileserver at different locations
     across a new VPN.

     For more than three and a half years I have been responsible for
     the administration of computers used for the control of humanoid
     robots, part of a currently ongoing research project funded by the
     Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG). These computers all run
     Debian GNU/Linux. Additionally I have been operating since 2003 a
     little hosting business mainly providing webspace and mail services
     on a Debian box.

     The first time I heard about Linux was still in school when a
     friend from university told me about it. But it took another two
     years until I were on my own at university for my first
     installation of Linux on my computer; a colleague lend me his SuSE
     CDs and it was done. The oddness (concerning the handling compared
     to Windows boxes) in configuration and usage were discouraging at
     first, but the possibility to get a look behind the scenes has
     always been motivating me to do new things. So I got more and more
     used to GNU Software and Linux.

     The very same colleague was the first of whom I heard about Debian.
     He was very excited about Debian's strive to build a completely
     free (as in free speach) and legally straight and independent Linux
     distribution, completely built by volunteering people. This was
     indeed impressive, but in the very end it was the high quality and
     stability which convinced me to use Debian as my Linux Desktop
     environment. Moreover I was happy to get rid of the bad conscience
     of using partly illegal copied software on my computer.

     I really got involved into Debian when I began to package the
     online-banking library AqBanking. I even don't know now why at all
     I started to dig into Debian's packaging howto. I nowadays assume
     it was again curiosity peered with the need for understanding more
     about Debian's packaging internals at my work with the humanoid
     robots. When I packaged AqBanking I didn't even dream about getting
     more involved into Debian than being a simple user (I thought this
     would be far to hard to accomplish, but at that time I didn't know
     anything about what's needed to become a DD). I just wanted to let
     other users of AqBanking benefit from my packaging work. But the
     one day it happened that Thomas Viehmann, who was independently
     working on AqBanking packages too, uploaded my package into the
     official Debian archive. That surprised me a lot, but boosted my
     motivation to carry on with packaging AqBanking.  Thenceforward
     Thomas acted as my uploading sponsor and the work began.

     Other contributions to Debian consists of several bug reports and
     some backports on www.backports.org (currently there is a debhelper
     backport). Since I am still a confident Debian Etch user other
     backports of software I need in newer versions might follow.
     Contributing backports is definitely an area of interest. Another
     possible area of interest are the official WWW pages on
     www.debian.org: Some pages are simply inaccurate or outdated and I
     would like to contribute to fix that (sure, if I get permission to
     do so).

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: micha
   Forward-Email: micha@lenk.info

3. Philosophy and Procedures
   Micha has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS,
   etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his
   Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

   I recommend to accept Micha as a Debian Developer.

Yours
Martin Würtele