Re: DM application for Felix Zielcke

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 05:12:55PM +0100, Felix Zielcke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i want to become a Debian Maintainer. I'm currently co-maintaining the
> grub and grub2 packages with Robert Millan but I think for the state of
> the packages it would be nice if I could do uploads too.
>
> I have read and agree to the Social Contract, the Debian Free Software
> Guidelines and the Debian Machine Usage Policy.
> My GPG key 0xD82FB9C8 is signed by one DD: Florian Ernst.

Hi,

Felix has both excellent technical skills and social skills.  He's polite
and motivated, and good at dealing with people and responding to bug
reports [1].

He's very capable technically.  GRUB isn't an easy package to maintain,
specially when it's the first one, and at first he wasn't familiar with all
the procedures we use, but he's proven to be a fast learner, resourceful,
and able to figure things out.  He has gradually become aquainted with
GRUB's source code and overall design.

He's also earned the trust of GRUB upstream maintainers, has commit access
in the upstream repository and has helped them over a number of things (fixing
bugs, merging patches, etc).

I hereby advocate Felix' application to become a Debian Maintainer.

[1] A task which, in the case of GRUB, sometimes requires an infinite amount
    of patience.

--
Robert Millan