Re: DM application for Martin-Éric Racine

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to all who think it is still needed to discuss the application and throw
> bad words and other things towards other people: Please *STOP* it now.
> There's no need to discuss it at all as DAM objected against Martin
> becoming a DM.
>
> Martin is welcome to join the NM process, nobody will stop him from
> going trough it to become a DD.

Honestly, why would the DAM accept him as DD when he doesn't accept him as
DM?

We should let people contribute at their level. And in the case of
Martin-Eric, it's best to let him contribute only on a selected subset of
packages where we have DD that can attest that he has done a good enough
work. I do trust the judgment of Martin Pitt.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog