Re: DM application for Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)

On 03/02/2008, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2008-02-03, Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
> >   I strongly oppose to it.
> >
> >   Adam has shown since he contributes to Debian en masse, a lot of
> > deficiencies that render him IMHO a bad candidate for DM.
> >
> >   He doesn't get well along quite a lot of Debian Developers which
> > isn't great, and usually shows a very aggressive attitude, [0] is
> > a good example of that.
>
> I kind of have the same impression as Pierre, but not any links to
> back up my impression.

(IANADD)

From what I've seen, Adam just wants things uploaded, and doesn't care
at all about what happens afterwards. He doesn't ask questions à la
“where can I read about this or that problem?” like a developer (or a
maintainer, or whatever you call someone willing to improve things,
his own skills, and so on), but rather “how can I fix that?”, then
quickly moving to “tell me what I need to do” when pointed to the
appropriate tools and/or documentation, because he has better to do do
than reading documentation, and since he actually doesn't care at all.

Speaking about the quantity vs quality, a (very) quick look at some
bug summaries of his packages might help getting an idea of the huge
lack of QA.

aircrack-ng:
  #449299 — 91 days, no answer.

aqualung:
  #448364 — 98 days, no answer.
  (skipping other bugs, 74 days each, no answer.)

audacious-plugins:
  #453634 — 65 days, no answer.
  #436004 — 183 days, no answer.
  #436157 — 182 days, no answer.
  #437362 — 175 days, no answer.
  #453634 — 130 days, no answer.

filezilla:
  #427821 — 242 days, no answer.

Looking at fuse…

Steve's mail also reminds me of his (read: Adam's) lack of skills
reading sending emails. Like basically specifying a subject, sending
the commands to the BTS to the correct address, specifying the version
correctly, etc.

--
Cyril Brulebois