Re: DM application for Franck Joncourt

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 01:37:03 +0100, Franck Joncourt wrote:

> I would like to apply as a Debian Maintainer.
[..]
> So far, I have packaged some perl modules through the pkg perl group,

Franck maintains 3 packages (libiptables-chainmgr-perl,
libiptables-parse-perl, libnetwork-ipv4addr-perl) within the Debian
Perl Group, and I'm the one who uploaded them.

It is a pleasure to work with Franck; he was very fast in learning
the written and unwritten rules and habits of the group, and he was
always both open to recommendations and quick in fixing minor
glitches.

One point I like about Franck's entry into the group is that he
was actively looking for cooperation, asked questions and was both
diligent and cautious in his work.

Franck is IMO good at communicating, both via mail and on IRC; he
managed the coordinated uploads of the Perl modules and psad (which
had them included beforehand) well.

Cf.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2008/05/ and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2008/06/
for his first "steps" in the pkg-perl team.

We normally don't use the DM concept in the Debian Perl Group but
being a DM might help Franck for his work with his other packages;
that's why I hereby sponsor his application as DM.

Cheers,
gregor
--
 .''`.   Home: http://info.comodo.priv.at/{,blog/} / GPG Key ID: 0x00F3CFE4