AM report for Julian Andres Klode

Report for new developer applicant Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org>:

1. Identification & Background
- ------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x00823EC2:
   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
      Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
      Receiving and checking key
      gpg: requesting key 00823EC2 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
      pub   1024D/00823EC2 2007-04-12
            Key fingerprint = D9D9 754A 4BBA 2E7D 0A0A  C024 AC2A 5FFE 0082 3EC2
      uid                  Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org>
      sig!         7E7B8AC9 2007-08-01  Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
      sig!         00D8CD16 2008-03-30  Alexander Schmehl (university)
                                        <schmehl@cs.uni-frankfurt.de>
      sig!3        00823EC2 2007-04-12  Julian Andres Klode
                                        <jak@jak-linux.org>
      sig!3        00823EC2 2007-06-06  Julian Andres Klode
                                        <jak@jak-linux.org>
      uid                  Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.de>
      uid                  Julian Andres Klode <juliank@ubuntu.com>
      sig!         00D8CD16 2008-03-30  Alexander Schmehl (university)
                                        <schmehl@cs.uni-frankfurt.de>
      sig!3        00823EC2 2007-12-01  Julian Andres Klode
                                        <jak@jak-linux.org>
      uid                  Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-software.de>
      uid                  Julian Andres Klode <julian.klode@gmail.com>
      sig!         7E7B8AC9 2007-08-01  Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
      sig!         00D8CD16 2008-03-30  Alexander Schmehl (university)
                                        <schmehl@cs.uni-frankfurt.de>
      sig!3        00823EC2 2007-04-12  Julian Andres Klode
                                        <jak@jak-linux.org>
      uid                  Julian Andres Klode (FSFE Fellowship)
                                        <jak@fsfe.org>
      sig!         7E7B8AC9 2007-08-01  Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
      sig!         00D8CD16 2008-03-30  Alexander Schmehl (university)
                                        <schmehl@cs.uni-frankfurt.de>
      sig!3        00823EC2 2007-06-06  Julian Andres Klode
                                        <jak@jak-linux.org>
      uid                  Julian Andres Klode (Fellowship of FSFE)
                                        <jak@fsfe.org>
      sig!         7E7B8AC9 2007-08-01  Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
      sig!         00D8CD16 2008-03-30  Alexander Schmehl (university)
                                        <schmehl@cs.uni-frankfurt.de>
      sig!3        00823EC2 2007-06-06  Julian Andres Klode
                                        <jak@jak-linux.org>
      sub   2048g/F1BE6C2E 2007-04-13
      sig!         00823EC2 2007-04-13  Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org>

      22 signatures not checked due to missing keys
      Key is ok
      Check for key expire stuff
      Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
      My name is Julian, I am 17 years old, Fellow of the Free Software
      Foundation Europe and Ubuntu member. I live in (northern) Hesse,
      Germany.

      In 2007, I became involved in the German SeaMonkey localization
      project, providing German installers (win32) and maintaining
      the German release notes.

      In 2006, I participated in the CRUX distribution (filing bugs,
      providing patches), which I used some months.
      That year, I also used Slackware, Fedora, and Ubuntu. I even provided
      custom disks for Slackware and Fedora.
      In December, I switched to Debian "etch".

      2007 was my Debian year: In April, Daniel Baumann sponsored my first
      package (aufs). Afterwards, I brought many new packages to Debian,
      like dir2ogg and ndisgtk (where I also took over the upstream part).
      I am also the maintainer of gnome-app-install (with pkg-gnome),
      sexy-python (pkg-galago) and app-install-data (took over with original
      maintainers' permission).
      Apart from Debian, I also became a Fellow of the Free Software
      Foundation Europe (in April) and an Ubuntu Member (in November).

      I participate in free software development, because I believe in it.
      Reading the code, modifying it and distributing the modification
      helps me to solve problems in a short time.

      My main activity will be maintaining my current set of packages and
      backmerging more packages from Ubuntu. If
      Ubuntu does cool stuff, we should get it too (and if we have cool
      Stuff, Ubuntu should get it, too)

2. Account Data
- ---------------
   Account: jak
   Forward-Email: jak@jak-linux.org

[ During the P&P part, Martin Zobel-Helas was Julian's AM. Julian got
  reassigned to me in the middle of T&S ]

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------

   Julian Andres Klode has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy
   and procedures and answered all questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Julian Andres Klode committed to
   uphold the SC and DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------
   Julian Andres Klode has a good understanding of the technical side
   of Debian. He is maintainer of aufs, app-install-data, dir2ogg, gimmie,
   gnome-app-install, ndisgtk, ndiswrapper, sexy-python and readahead-list.
   Except of sexy-python, Julian got DM-Upload rights for all packages.
   Julian also helps to maintain gnome-pkg-tools, gnome-python and
   gnome-python-desktop within the Gnome team.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Julian Andres Klode also answered my other questions regarding T&S without
   problems and provided patches for RC bugs, triaged bugs for a team and
   prepared QA uploads for orphaned packages.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Julian Andres Klode as a Debian Developer.

- --
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79