Re: AM report for Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 11:17:17PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> Report for Debian Developer Applicant Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>:
>    | sig!      X  627CCF95 2005-03-01  Bas Wijnen <wijnen@debian.org>
> 4. Recommendation
> -----------------
>    I am happy to recommend to accept Barry as a Debian Developer, which will
>    hopefully ease his work and allow him to spend more time on actual work
>    instead of searching for sponsors.

I second this recommendation.  When I met Barry at a Hurd-meeting around
Fosdem, I found that he was very pleasant to work with.  He's saying
that he can't do things really well a bit too often IMO, but if that't
the only problem I have with someone, I'm not complaining. :-)

When I was more active in the games team and on the mentors list, I was
amazed at the amount of work he did.  Being one of the sponsors he was
bugging in the past, I can say that he'll likely be more productive as a
developer: the amount of sponsoring requests is huge.  The packages I
did sponsor were in good shape.  Since many of the RFSs are for QA
uploads, I find it very valuable work.

Thanks,
Bas

For more information, see http://a82-93-13-222.adsl.xs4all.nl/e-mail.html