AM report for Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>

Report for Debian Developer Applicant Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>:

1. Identification & Background
   Check with Keyid 0x4B394F7E:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by 3 DDs.

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x4B394F7E

   Applicant writes:
   | Unfortunately I have pretty much grown up and continue to work in the
   | Microsoft realm.  I had a little bit of experience with AIX in college
   | and a tiny bit of SCO while working for a small computer reseller.
   | In around 2003/2004 I installed my first distro, RedHat.  Mainly out of
   | curiosity.  I liked what I saw but grew frustrated with RedHat quickly.
   | I don't even remember how I got turned on to Debian after that but soon
   | installed Potato.  In fact I was in to Neverwinter Nights soon after
   | that and was running a public server on Debian GNU/Linux.
   | After getting on to the Debian mailing lists and IRC channels I somehow
   | found my way on to the GNU/Hurd folks.  I find Hurd technically
   | interesting so I still dabble there though not as much as I would like
   | to.  I'm not a super skilled developer so my contributions are mainly
   | around package porting (which I have been severely slacking on lately).
   | I adopted my first package (colorgcc) in 2005 and was actually in the NM
   | queue for a short time.  I withdrew that application and went to Ubuntu
   | at the time as they seemed more welcoming of someone with a more limited
   | skillset.  I became an MOTU shortly there-after and continue to do so.
   | Though I am doing more now via Debian so that I can hopefully improve
   | both distributions.
   | My main areas of interest within Debian for now are the Games Team (of
   | which I am already a member), Debian QA (I hate broken packages), and
   | still the GNU/Hurd port.  As for goals for Debian, they are mainly to
   | keep the games in good shape, find new games that are worthy of public
   | distribution and so forth.  I hope to also stay involved in QA work
   | fixing packages that don't get the work they deserve, removing unused /
   | broken packages and the like.  And for the Debian GNU/Hurd port I want
   | to get as many packages ported as possible.  Ideally I'd like to aid in
   | getting Gnome running but some of the current issues are well beyond my
   | current skillset.
   | In my personal life, I am the IT Manager of a small flavor company near
   | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  We make flavorings for food, medicine, etc.
   | Though that's really a misnomer as I am sometimes DBA, sometimes
   | programmer, sometimes systems admin, and so forth.  Unfortunately, again
   | it is an MS shop.  I have a wife of nearly 10 years (yes, I'm old) and
   | three daughters, ages 8, 6, and 4.  So they keep me pretty busy but I
   | still get some decent time to work on Debian and Ubuntu.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
   Barry has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my questions about the Social Contract,
   the DFSG and the BTS.

3. Tasks and Skills
   Barry is maintainer of colorgcc and an active member of the Debian Games
   Team. He also does a great job in the Debian QA team, helping out with
   several standard tasks that are always in need of manpower.

   He answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

4. Recommendation
   I am happy to recommend to accept Barry as a Debian Developer, which will
   hopefully ease his work and allow him to spend more time on actual work
   instead of searching for sponsors.

   Account:       bdefreese
   Forward-Email: bddebian@comcast.net

BOFH #254: