Report for Debian Developer Applicant Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with Keyid 0x4B394F7E:

   ID Check passed, Key signed by 3 DDs.

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x4B394F7E
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Applicant writes:
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   | Unfortunately I have pretty much grown up and continue to work in the
   | Microsoft realm.  I had a little bit of experience with AIX in college
   | and a tiny bit of SCO while working for a small computer reseller.
   |
   | In around 2003/2004 I installed my first distro, RedHat.  Mainly out of
   | curiosity.  I liked what I saw but grew frustrated with RedHat quickly.
   | I don't even remember how I got turned on to Debian after that but soon
   | installed Potato.  In fact I was in to Neverwinter Nights soon after
   | that and was running a public server on Debian GNU/Linux.
   |
   | After getting on to the Debian mailing lists and IRC channels I somehow
   | found my way on to the GNU/Hurd folks.  I find Hurd technically
   | interesting so I still dabble there though not as much as I would like
   | to.  I'm not a super skilled developer so my contributions are mainly
   | around package porting (which I have been severely slacking on lately).
   |
   | I adopted my first package (colorgcc) in 2005 and was actually in the NM
   | queue for a short time.  I withdrew that application and went to Ubuntu
   | at the time as they seemed more welcoming of someone with a more limited
   | skillset.  I became an MOTU shortly there-after and continue to do so.
   | Though I am doing more now via Debian so that I can hopefully improve
   | both distributions.
   |
   | My main areas of interest within Debian for now are the Games Team (of
   | which I am already a member), Debian QA (I hate broken packages), and
   | still the GNU/Hurd port.  As for goals for Debian, they are mainly to
   | keep the games in good shape, find new games that are worthy of public
   | distribution and so forth.  I hope to also stay involved in QA work
   | fixing packages that don't get the work they deserve, removing unused /
   | broken packages and the like.  And for the Debian GNU/Hurd port I want
   | to get as many packages ported as possible.  Ideally I'd like to aid in
   | getting Gnome running but some of the current issues are well beyond my
   | current skillset.
   |
   | In my personal life, I am the IT Manager of a small flavor company near
   | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  We make flavorings for food, medicine, etc.
   | Though that's really a misnomer as I am sometimes DBA, sometimes
   | programmer, sometimes systems admin, and so forth.  Unfortunately, again
   | it is an MS shop.  I have a wife of nearly 10 years (yes, I'm old) and
   | three daughters, ages 8, 6, and 4.  So they keep me pretty busy but I
   | still get some decent time to work on Debian and Ubuntu.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Barry has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and
   Procedures. He answered all my questions about the Social Contract,
   the DFSG and the BTS.

3. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Barry is maintainer of colorgcc and an active member of the Debian Games
   Team. He also does a great job in the Debian QA team, helping out with
   several standard tasks that are always in need of manpower.

   He answered my questions regarding T&S without problems.

4. Recommendation
   I am happy to recommend to accept Barry as a Debian Developer, which will
   hopefully ease his work and allow him to spend more time on actual work
   instead of searching for sponsors.

   Account:       bdefreese
   Forward-Email: bddebian@comcast.net

Marc