AM report for Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>

Report for new developer applicant Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>:

1. Identification & Background
- ------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x444DD950:
       ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
       gpg: requesting key 444DD950 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
       pub   1024D/444DD950 2005-12-29
           Key fingerprint = CE33 53BB 501F 1150 39D0  DC24 02E9 3057 444D D950
       uid                  Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>
       sig!         F095E5E4 2008-03-09  Marco Nenciarini <mnencia@prato.linux.it>
       sig!3        444DD950 2005-12-29  Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>
       sub   2048g/85986629 2005-12-29
       sig!         444DD950 2005-12-29  Sandro Tosi <matrixhasu@gmail.com>

       Key is ok
       Check for key expire stuff
       Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
      I'm a 28 years old italian guy, working as an EAI consultant.
      Some years ago, while I was at the university, I met my first linux
      box (a Debian, indeed!) for the operating system lab. It was not
      love-at-first-sight but something remained inside me, and day by day I
      began to use always more my laptop (with Debian on it) than my desktop
      (with win) until I take the decision 4 years ago: switch to Debian in
      toto, and now my house is almost Debian-only  ;)

      Since I receive so much, I feel like I need to give something back,
      and I'm happy Debian allows me to do so! I started packaging some
      tools, then adopting some other that were orphaned and now I feel I
      want to be more, I want to be a DD.

      As you know, I'm interested in python stuff, even if it's not in my
      professional background, and I learnt it only because it's cool  :)  I
      really like even the QA work (mainly because I'm used to it at work)
      since it gives you the possibility to work on many different packages,
      learning everyday something new, or having a new challenge, and
      because there needs to be someone to do the work-in-the-dark to let
      Debian be better!  ;)

      What I feel from the outside is the lack of organization in the
      documentation at lower levels. wiki.d.o helped a lot for users, but
      some info are still too sparse; for example, let's talk about
      infrastructure: I'd like to know what services run on which machine
      (dinstall, britney, etc etc), when, how the work etc etc, and I can't
      find an organic information source. That could be interesting to
      achieve.

      Another thing I really like to see done is the Ultimate Debian
      Database[1] since this will allow to have a single point where to look
      at infos, not plain text files around machine (each with a different
      format) so that more tools can born around it (ie wnpp.debian.net or
      some SOAP interfaces etc etc).

      [1] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2008/UltimateDebianDatabase

2. Account Data
- ---------------
   Account: morph
   Forward-Email: matrixhasu@gmail.com

3. Philosophy and Procedures
- -----------------------------
   Sandro has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Sandro committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
- -------------------
   Sandro has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of
     * ~15 windowmaker related packages, sponsored by tmancill
     * several Python related packages under the custody of the
       Debian Python Modules Team / Python Application Packaging Team
       are mainly maintained by Sandro, he also takes care of general
       maintenance jobs of all packages in the teams' repositories.
       The packages are sponsored by piotr and me mainly.
     * reportbug (as a very active comaintainer)
     * several other packages, sponsored by tmancill mainly.
   Sandro has DM upload rights for 11 packages so far.
   All packages are in a good shape and are well maintained.

   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems,
   brought two packages back into a good shape as QA upload,
   provided several NMUs for RC bugs during a BSP and packaged
   a new library.

5. Recommendation
   I recommend to accept Sandro Tosi as a Debian Developer.

- --
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79