Re: Debian Maintainer Application for Jose Luis Tallon

[Re-sent, with signature, as requested.]

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 06:03:04PM +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
>     After more than four years in NM, it is high time I stopped
> buggying my usual sponsors for minor updates to the packages I maintain.

>     I, therefore, hereby *ratify* and renew my commitment to honor the
> Debian Social Contract and follow the DFSG when packaging.

>     Moreover, I publicly agree to the Debian Machine Usage Policy in
> everything which applies to the DM role.

> The packages I currently maintain are (as taken from my QA page [1]):
>     - baghira
>     - kcheckgmail (comaintained with upstream author, atomo64)
>     - lcdproc (comaintained with former maint, Jonathan Oxer)
>     - picwiz
>     - libsmbios
>     - libsieve2
>     - kchmviewer
>     - bindgraph
>     - couriergraph
>     - up-imapproxy
>     - kwirelessmonitor
>     - libtrash
>     - bison++

My experiences with José Luis are somewhat dated at this point (it was over
a year ago that I worked with him on sponsorship for bug #405704), but at
that time, the packages he submitted to me for sponsorship were not ready
for upload without revision.  Of course, people can learn, and I expect
anyone in the NM queue to be doing so, but there should be positive evidence
given by his recent sponsors about the quality of his newer work, because
his older work was not yet of the quality that it should be for unsupervised
package uploads.

Cheers,