RE: last chance to participate in the Debian DM/AM/NM survey

Paul, thanks for the survey.  I am just starting the New Maintainer
process.  I recently sent an ITA for an orphaned package (GNU Unifont,
orphaned since 2006) to the Debian Bugs list and Mentors list.  Roman
Czyborra started this free font 10 years ago with a goal of rendering
something for each glyph in the entire Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane.
 That seems inherently cool!

I've been adding to GNU Unifont and writing new software for it since
late 2007 with the blessings of its original creator, Roman Czyborra.
He asked me specifically to get my changes into Debian, and I'm nearing
a major release, so here I am.

One thing wasn't clear.  If we're not a maintainer yet and are adopting
an orphaned package, do we get emailed or notified by the Bugs
administrator to acknowledge our ITA?  I've seen ITA acknowledgment
emails go out, but it looks like they're all sent to current Developers.

I did ask for someone to sponsor me, and Anthony Fok replied that he
would.

Paul Hardy
unifoundry@unifoundry.com