AM report for Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>

Report for new developer applicant Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

Check with Keyid DF901724

ID Check passed, Key signed from several DDs:

Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key DF901724 from hkp server subkeys.pgp.net
pub   1024D/DF901724 2002-04-19
      Key fingerprint = 935E 449D 2B08 43E4 FF6C  E510 F6EE 83B9 DF90 1724
uid                  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
sig!         307D56ED 2007-06-18  Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
sig!         7E7B8AC9 2007-08-01  Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org>
sig!3        DF901724 2003-09-30  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
sig!3        DF901724 2003-04-23  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
sig!3        DF901724 2002-04-19  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
sig!3        DF901724 2004-05-08  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
sig!         C09FD35A 2008-03-08  Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
sig!3        73647CFF 2008-03-02  Nico Golde <nion@debian.org>
uid                  Jan Wagner <waja@gmx.de>
uid                  Jan Wagner <waja@kvirc.de>
uid                  Jan Wagner <jwagner@tmt.de>
sig!3        DF901724 2002-11-11  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
uid                  Network Operation Center <noc@ipngbone.net>
sig!3        DF901724 2004-05-08  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>
sig!         C09FD35A 2008-03-08  Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
sig!3        73647CFF 2008-03-02  Nico Golde <nion@debian.org>
sub   2048g/A1C68E5A 2002-04-19
sig!         DF901724 2003-09-30  Jan Wagner <waja@cyconet.org>

Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

Applicant writes:

"My first contact to computers was round about 15 years ago with a PC 286 and
Software from Redmond and Caldera. 4 years later I got in touch with SuSE
Linux, cause this was the only distribution (beside DLD) which supports ISDN,
a wide deployed communication technology in Germany at this time.
After using SuSE some time and (some tries of) updating existing systems, I
came to the conclusion, that I need a distribution which supports smooth
updated paths and so I went to potato. Staying at university with permanent
and fast internet connection did help to just make it quite easy to work with
it.
Since then I was fine with Debian GNU/Linux. I also was able to convince most
of my colleagues, that it could be great to use it in an ISP environment
(where I'm working since > 5 years now). Using my favorite distribution for
years leads me to some things:

* I want to give something back to the (Debian-)Community
* I want to have a chance to work on parts (of Debian) directly, where I feel,
there is something that needs to be changed and is maybe also useful for
others

So I started to package for backports.org round about 06/2006. Some time after
that I started to package for my own, with help and sponsoreship of Daniel
Baumann.
Since 12/2006 I'm part of the 'Debian Nagios Maintainer Group' with work
on 'nagios-snmp-plugins' and contributing to 'nagios-plugins'.

Future plans: Some time ago some people had an idea about creating a webapps
repository with different release cycles than the official distribution, but
not time to get it started. Since I'm short term might really busy with my
yet unborn daughter, I will see what I can do when lenny is released."

2. Account Data
---------------

Account: waja
Forward email: debian@cyconet.org

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

Jan has a good understanding of Debian's Philosophy and Procedures.
He answered all the questions about Social Contract, DFSG, BTS, etc, in
a good way. Jan has committed to uphold the Social Contract and DFSG in
his Debian work, and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

Jan is part of the Debian Nagios Maintainer Group, where he helps to
maintain nagios-plugins and nagios-snmp-plugins. He is the maintainer of
arpalert, policyd-weight and other packages. He has also contributed to
several stable backport packages. His QA page:

[1] http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=waja@cyconet.org

He answered the questions regarding T&S without problems and provided
patches and new packages for solving RC bugs:

http://bugs.debian.org/431676
http://bugs.debian.org/454874
http://bugs.debian.org/462509
http://bugs.debian.org/470291

and managed security fixes:

I recommend to accept Jan as a Debian Developer.

Yours,

Santiago