Re: AM report for Bruno Kleinert

Hi Paul

On Sat, 3 May 2008 11:10:38 pm Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Steffen Joeris <white@debian.org> wrote:
> > Report for new developer applicant Bruno Kleinert <fuddl@gmx.de>
> >
> >  1. Identification & Background
> >  ------------------------------
>
> No "Applicant writes.." section? I rather like seeing those.
Sorry Paul, must have overlooked that.
Here it comes:

Bruno Kleinert:
i'm 25 years old and study computer science at the university of
nuremberg/erlangen and i'm a very humourus person. also i'm a member of
the linux user group schwabach, and from time to time i help friends to
organize lan-parties in my area.

sure it's not the main reason, but i consider it worth to mention that
i'd also like to become a DD to give something back to the community
that makes work with my computers easy, stable and reliable since the
end of 2002, when i first installed debian.
although debian made life with my computers really easy for me, i
noticed among other thins some drawbacks over the years concerning free
(as in freedom) games. often they're not easy to configure, sometimes
they have too many bugs to be really enjoyable and so on, to compete
with expensive commercial products. in my eyes nobody should have to
pay for this natural instinct!
on the other hand interested and creative users themselves sometimes
could improve a free game's quality by creating new things for a game
(like maps, textures, sounds, ...) but in my eyes, this isn't supported
well enough. together with the debian games team, i see chances to
create better information/documentation for such users and to motivate
them to improve free games.
also, game developers sometimes get frustrated during development,
because not many people use their work. that's why i like it very
much to work in the debian games team to contribute to packages like
openarena and nexuiz and to keep in touch with the authors of games.
so, as you might guess, i'd like to focus on game related things in
debian project ;)