Re: DM application

-=| Ana Guerrero, Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 09:29:55PM +0200 |=-
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:43:36PM -0430, Jose Luis Rivas Contreras wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to apply to be a Debian Maintainer. David Moreno Garza and
> > José Miguel Parrella have offered to advocate me.
> >
> Jose Luis maintains some perl stuff, so maybe somebody from the Debian Perl
> group can give a better point of view.

DISCLAIMER: My opinion only, and only regarding the work of Jose in
pkg-perl team.

I would not upload a pkg-perl package with DM-Upload-Allowed:yes that
has Jose in Uploaders.

There are 17 pkg-perl-maintained packages that have him in Uploaders.
Reading their changelogs, it seems that most of the work after the
initial packaging or adoption was done by others.

The SVN logs[1] show a total of 66 commits all between Decemper 2007 and
January 2008, totalling in 125 lines, the biggest commit being 6 lines.

    [1] dmn@alioth:~$ svn log file:///svn/pkg-perl/trunk|grep ghostbar|less

The reason for this could be that there are more active members of the
team that do excellent work so no need to intervene.

Still, I didn't feel like I saw enough evidence Jose would make a good
solo-maintainer so I can't recommend him for DM.

Jose, I sincirely hope that you won't take this as a personal offence
and won't feel discouraged to contribute to pkg-perl/Debian.