Re: DM application for David Paleino

On Monday 10 December 2007 11:26:42 Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 08:03:39PM +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> > I'm assuming you're in Italy.
> > http://db.debian.org/ currently lists 41 DDs in Italy.
>
> Aníbal, Italy is narrow, but it's long.  Googling a bit, I gather that
> David lives about 670Km away from the nearest DD.  The trip is estimated
> by Google to be about 9 hours, including a little sea crossing.  The
> train trip instead is about 12 hours with 4 train changes, or 13 to 16
> hours with an overnight train, again not direct.

David does some very nice work on the Debian-Med portal and is certainly
technically skilled. I also once sponsored a Perl package for him which was
just nice. From his emails on the list I have the confidence that he is an
honest and friendly character who will not missuse his newly gained might.

Before getting to the DM status however he needs to get his key accepted
somehow. David has done most of what he probably could have done in getting
the keys ( he is on biglumber.com, on the nm keyrequest list, has organised
keysigning party). However, I still think that it may be acceptable to use
one's lecture-free time to travel to Rome or Bologna or to any other larger
city of the world that is not Naples or Bari.

Would anybody on this list with a DD nearby offer David a summer/spring-job
that pays for his travel/accomodation?

Best,

Steffen (for whom it was only 80km and who was in Palermo only before Debian
came into existence)