Re: DM application

On Sat, Dec 08, 2007 at 09:20:34AM +1100, Aníbal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 12:37:23PM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> >I would like to begin the application process to become a Debian Maintainer.
> >I currently maintain a few packages as part of the Debian OCaml team.
> >
> >I acknowledge and agree with Debian's social contract, free software
> >guidelines, and machine usage policies.
> >
> >--
> >Eric Cooper             e c c @ c m u . e d u
>
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/bio.html
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~ecc/software.html
>
> Key ID B882EBD7 signed by Matthew Danish <mrd@debian.org>
>
> Packages sponsored by:
>
> Ralf Treinen <treinen@debian.org>
> Sylvain Le Gall <gildor@debian.org>
>
> Could someone advocate this application?
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers

I hereby declare my support for the DM application of Eric Cooper.

Since at least one year, he has demonstrated his skill in debian
packaging. He is also the upstream author of approx -- the best debian
package proxy i know. I have uploaded approx at least two times for
him -- he was very responsive to minor correction i asked. He works
continously at improving approx for at least 4 months (last time i
talked with about adding pdiff support to approx). His communication
skills seems good enough regarding OCaml team.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall