Re: DM advocation for Sam Morris

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 04:14:32PM +0100, Lo?c Minier wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007, An?bal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> >   2. The initial policy for an individual to be included in the
> >      keyring will be:
> >      * that the applicant acknowledges Debian's social contract,
> >        free software guidelines, and machine usage policies.
>  Heh, I guess it's too late to point that it's a bit redundant then.

There's lots of redundancy in the DM proposal and implementation. It means
that even if one thing breaks, the whole system doesn't.

In this case, explicitly acknowledging both the SC and the DFSG, even
though they're on the same web page, is just a way of making sure that
the applicant doesn't miss something important.

If it makes anyone feel any better, the SC and DFSG are listed as separate
foundation documents in the constitution.

Cheers,
aj