Re: NM Report for Week Ending 04 Nov 2007

Similar to lucas' mails about packages not getting in testing, here
are some suggestions (& scripts) for automatic notifications and other
actions for inactive AMs & NMs.

On Nov 5, 2007 4:26 PM, NM Front Desk <new-maintainer@debian.org> wrote:

> The following applicants have completed all checks but are not
> approved by their AM:
>
>   cyril.brulebois@enst-bretagne.fr (asac)

Perhaps it would be good to also automatically email these AMs if they
stay in the same state for a month or two? After that, the AM could
probably be automatically marked as inactive.

PS: I would really really like to see KiBi become a DD.

> The following applicants are not AM approved but have an inactive AM:
>
>   acs@barrapunto.com (jello)
>   koster@debian.org.tw (mpitt)

Perhaps it would be good to also automatically put them back into
'waiting for an AM'? And at the same time, email them NMs saying that
their AM is inactive and they will be put into the 'waiting for an AM'
stage again.

> The following applicants have been on hold longer than 6 months:

Perhaps it would be good to also automatically email their AMs
suggesting that the inactive NMs be soft-rejected? Or even
automatically soft-reject them?

I've attached a few (imperfect) scripts that can be used in the case
that FD agree with this. The SQL statements and the notification texts
need checking and tweaking. I made them separate scripts so that they
can be run at different frequencies, but merging them into weekrpt.pl
shouldn't be too hard.

Perhaps people will pay more attention to these checks in future if
they get personal notifications about them.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise