AM report for Andreas Henriksson

Report for new developer applicant Andreas Henriksson <andreas@fatal.se>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0xBDE5F1EE:
   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

pub   1024D/BDE5F1EE 2007-01-06
      Key fingerprint = 7451 CC90 2F56 01DB D4D6  78F5 7204 3670 BDE5 F1EE
uid                  Andreas Henriksson <andreas@fatal.se>
sig!         36778025 2007-01-10  Jonas Oberg <jonas@gnu.org>
sig!         A7228C38 2007-06-27  Anders Hammarquist (N2JGL)
sig!3        BDE5F1EE 2007-01-06  Andreas Henriksson <andreas@fatal.se>
sig!         061D1B25 2007-06-28  Anders Hammarquist (N2JGL)
sub   2048g/DD532970 2007-01-06
sig!         BDE5F1EE 2007-01-06  Andreas Henriksson <andreas@fatal.se>

Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

My name is Andreas Henriksson, 27 years old and live on the west coast
of Sweden in a town called Gothenburg (Göteborg). I've done some
Linux-related consulting, studied programming but now work at a
Microsoft Certified Partner as a system administrator.
I started using Linux many years ago when I was a teenager and was
curious about how an ISP worked (having recenly aquired my first PC, and
bought a modem). I heard about something called "Unix" and searching the
net the best source of information I could find (the linux documentation
project) talked about something called Linux. I read through all the
HOWTOs and other documentation I could find, and then did my first
Slackware installation. I tried Red Hat Linux a couple of times looking
for something with better package management, but since I attract bugs
like shit attract flies and rpm apparently still has the bug that was
annoying me enough to abandon Red Hat. I stayed a long time with
Slackware before I was convinced to try Debian GNU/Linux (potato) which
got me hooked. Nowadays I've gathered alot of knowledge about
networking, and even though I've studied and aspired to work as a
programmer I guess I'm too lazy since I've fallen back on working as a
system administrator.
I have free software to thank for much fun I've had during the years,
and I doubt I would have learned as much about technology is general
witouth it. I feel it's time to try to contribute instead of working in
my own little corner...
My contributions to Debian so far is that I've maintained a package
called "bandwidthd" for some time, and contributed patches to fix bugs
I've run into in lots of different packages. I tried to help out with
the Etch release by sending patches to RC bugs, and I guess that's where
my advocate picked up my name.
My main point of interest in Debian would be to help fix bugs (as
mentioned, for some reason I can ofter find or reproduce them which is a
good start to finding the problem and getting it fixed). I might also be
useful when it comes to networking related areas, like porting
IPv4-centric applications to become protocol independent and similar.
I'm also interested in Desktop related technologies like zeroconf,
telepathy, Gtk/Gnome and similar - but this is primarily to learn and
probably not any main point where I can contribute.

2. Account Data
---------------

   Account: ah
   Forward-Email: andreas@fatal.se

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------

   Andreas has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Andreas has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian.
   He is maintainer of bandwidthd, which is in good shape.
   He also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems,
   provided patches for (RC) bugs and interacted well with bug submitters
   and maintainers during a bug triage.

   I recommend to accept Andreas Henriksson as a Debian Developer.