AM report for Andrea Capriotti

Report for new developer applicant Andrea Capriotti <a.capriotti@nettuno.it>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x78398a01:
   ID check passed, key signed by 2 existing developers:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
Syncing Debian Keyrings with rsync from keyring.debian.org
Receiving and checking key
gpg: requesting key 78398A01 from hkp server keyserver.mine.nu
pub   1024D/78398A01 2001-10-27
      Key fingerprint = 7D9B D9F6 F219 5333 2D1D  C4F9 E283 C868 7839 8A01
uid                  Andrea Capriotti <a.capriotti@nettuno.it>
sig!3        F2597E04 2002-09-04  Samuele Giovanni Tonon <samu@cs.unibo.it>
sig!3        E1EE3FB1 2003-05-07  Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>
sig!3        78398A01 2001-10-27  Andrea Capriotti <a.capriotti@nettuno.it>
sig!3        78398A01 2001-10-27  Andrea Capriotti <a.capriotti@nettuno.it>
uid                  Andrea Capriotti (Indirizzo ILS) <capriotti@linux.it>
sig!3        78398A01 2005-04-13  Andrea Capriotti <a.capriotti@nettuno.it>
sub   1024g/113B0B23 2001-10-27
sig!         78398A01 2001-10-27  Andrea Capriotti <a.capriotti@nettuno.it>

17 signatures not checked due to missing keys
Key is ok
Check for key expire stuff
Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
--8<------------------------schnipp------------------------->8---
My name is Andrea Capriotti and I am an electronic engineer.

I started to use free software with an account in a university machine
(Debian GNU/Linux) in 1994. In this years I took so much from free
software (specially from Debian) that it's time to do something.

Currently I work at CINECA (http://www.cineca.it) a non profit
Interuniversity Consortium made up of 31 Italian universities. Today it
is the largest Italian computing centre, one of the most important
worldwide. With more than three hundred and fifty employees, it operates
in the technological transfer sector through high performance scientific
computing. My main remits include installation and management of
Free/Libre Open Source Software in our high capacity and capability
clusters.
--8<------------------------schnapp------------------------->8---

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: capriott
   Forward-Email: a.capriotti@cineca.it

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Andrea has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. Andrea committed to uphold the SC and DFSG
   in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------
   Andrea has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian
   and is maintainer of anteater and ihu.
   All packages are in good shape.
   Andrea also answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems
   and provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Andrea as a Debian Developer.

Comment from me
Andreas NM started somewhere in 2002. The first NM was Rene, Andrea got
reassigned to me in September 2004. In May 2005 we did finish T&S, and
well, now I finally got to write the report. Which means - the whole
fucking delay is entirely my fault and one should congratulate Andrea to
his *huge* amount of patience.

--
bye Joerg
"If you are using an Macintosh e-mail program that is not from Microsoft, we