AM Report for Amos Waterland

Report for new developer applicant Amos Waterland <apw@rossby.metr.ou.edu>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 0x0485EFCD:
   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developer:

   Output from keycheck.sh:
   pub   1024D/0485EFCD 2007-01-18
      Key fingerprint = BB18 3872 8F40 B7E6 3BFC  D67A E527 07E9 0485 EFCD
   uid                  Amos Waterland <apw@rossby.metr.ou.edu>
   sig!3        0485EFCD 2007-01-18  Amos Waterland <apw@rossby.metr.ou.edu>
   sig!         398B371D 2007-02-15  Joseph Nahmias <joe@nahmias.net>

   2 signatures not checked due to missing keys
   Let's test if its a version 4 or greater key: Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff:
   Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
   I work as a researcher for IBM, at the TJ Watson Research Center in
   New York.

   My intent is primarily to be a Debian package maintainer, but also
   to provide help and advice on the mailing lists where appropriate.

   I came to GNU/Linux in 1997.  I was attracted by the quality of the
   GNU tools, the nature of the UNIX philosophy, and open sharing of
   knowledge evident in the projects.

   I want to volunteer my time because I believe in the Debian
   project: firstly, because of its commitment to free software,
   secondly because of its commitment to software quality, and thirdly
   because of its lack of controlling commercial interest.

2. Account Data
---------------
   Account: apw
   Forward-Email: apw@rossby.metr.ou.edu

3. Philosophy and Procedures
-----------------------------
   Amos has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and procedures
   and answered all questions about the social contract, DFSG, BTS,
   etc. in a good way. Amos committed to uphold the SC and DFSG in his
   Debian work and accepts the DMUP.

4. Tasks and Skills
   Amos has a good understanding of the technical side of Debian. Amos
   is maintainer of 'stress'. The package is in good shape. Amos also
   answered my other questions regarding T&S without problems and
   provided patches for RC bugs.

   I recommend to accept Amos as a Debian Developer.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/