AM report for Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>

Report for new developer applicant Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------

   Check with Keyid 0x6D742669:

   ID Check passed, Key signed from serveral existing DDs.

   Output from keycheck.sh 0x0x6D742669

     pub   1024D/6D742669 2003-11-09
           Key fingerprint = 10CD 0397 6DBE 1E36 DEA3  72CC 540A 7B5E 6D74 2669
     uid                  Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>
     sig!         330C4A75 2005-11-14  Martin F. Krafft <mail@martin-krafft.net>
     sig!         F2C423BC 2006-05-20  Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@bononia.it>
     sig!         4B729625 2006-05-20  Peter Van Eynde <pvaneynd@debian.org>
     sig!         0ED704EA 2006-05-20  Mohammed Adnène Trojette (adn) <adn@arabeyes.org>
     sig!         29499F61 2006-05-20  Sam Hocevar <sam@zoy.org>
     sig!         6B79D401 2006-05-20  Giunchedi Filippo <filippo@esaurito.net>
     sig!         9B7C328D 2006-05-20  Luk Claes <luk@debian.org>
     sig!         C671257D 2006-05-20  David Moreno Garza (1984-08-08) <damog@damog.net>
     sig!         6FECCDE0 2006-05-20  Santiago Ruano Rincón <santiago@unicauca.edu.co>
     sig!         306CDFF3 2006-05-20  Alejandro Rios P. <alerios@debiancolombia.org>
     sig!         EA59038E 2006-05-20  Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org>
     sig!         D54F0847 2006-05-20  Mark Shuttleworth <mark@ubuntu.com>
     sig!         4BA401C3 2006-05-20  Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <agi@inittab.org>
     sig!         307D56ED 2006-05-21  Noèl Köthe <noel@debian.org>
     sig!         258D8781 2006-05-21  Michael Bramer <michael@debsupport.de>
     sig!         6E8169D2 2006-05-21  Raphael Hertzog <raphael@ouaza.com>
     sig!         F1BCDB73 2006-05-21  Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
     sig!         C0143D2D 2006-05-21  Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.homeunix.org>
     sig!         B345BDD3 2006-05-21  Neil McGovern <maulkin@halon.org.uk>
     sig!         90E5CA46 2006-05-21  Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) <felipe@cathedrallabs.org>
     sig!         71473F66 2006-05-22  Todd Troxell <ttroxell@debian.org>
     sig!         29982E5A 2006-05-24  Steve Langasek <vorlon@dodds.net>
     sig!         12066207 2006-05-25  Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk>
     sig!         16D970C6 2006-05-28  Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org>
     sig!         808D0FD0 2006-05-29  Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com>
     sig!         8BB527AF 2006-05-31  Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
     sig-         8BB527AF 2006-05-31  Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>
     sig!         DD9B9910 2006-06-01  Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
     sig!         58510B5A 2006-06-01  Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de>
     sig!         E8C43461 2006-06-03  Ana Beatriz Guerrero López <ana@ekaia.org>
     sig!         72D03CB1 2006-06-03  Kenshi Muto <kmuto@debian.org>
     sig!         1880283C 2006-06-10  Anibal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@debian.org>
     sig!         1E880A84 2006-06-19  Frans Pop (Debian) <elendil@planet.nl>
     sig!         0123F2F2 2006-06-25  Enrico Tassi <gareuselesinge@users.sourceforge.net>
     sig!         964199E2 2006-07-24  Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>
     sig!         3FCC2A90 2006-12-22  Amaya Rodrigo Sastre <amaya@debian.org>
     sig!         4E2ECA5A 2007-01-14  Moritz Muehlenhoff <jmm@debian.org>
     sig!2        5706A4B4 2006-05-21  Simon Richter <Simon.Richter@hogyros.de>
     sig!3        6D742669 2003-11-09  Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>
     sig!3        6D742669 2004-01-18  Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>
     sig!3        6D742669 2004-01-18  Luca Capello <luca@pca.it>
     (...)
     Key is ok
     Check for key expire stuff
     Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:
     I'm 25, biologist, now performing my PhD at the University of Geneva
     (Switzerland) in the NCCR "Frontiers in Genetics" doctoral school [3].
     I'm studying the vomeronasal system in mammals, a system which is
     thought to be involved in pheromone perception and social and sexual
     behaviors [4].  About my university background, I took my diploma in
     Biology at the University of Pavia (Italy), even if I physically
     performed my diploma work at the University of Geneva, because of an
     exchange program.

     I live in Geneva, which I like a lot and which lets me do snowboard in
     winter and ride my Harley-Davidson as soon as a ray of sun shines
     above the lake.  I played the piano for quite a long time, passing
     some examinations to obtain a diploma, but I haven't finished yet (and
     I've stopped playing for 2 years now).  I like to keep in touch with
     the people I met (be them friends or collaborators) and I like to
     visit them wherever they are in the world.

     I got in touch with computers when my eldest brother decided to buy a
     Commodore 64, but I mostly played games on it.  After having played
     with DOS and Windows (since version 3.1), I wanted to try GNU/Linux
     because some university friends used it and I installed a Red Hat on
     my laptop (and re-installed it different times because of X
     configuration problems and I didn't know the init 1 mode...), also
     becoming part of a LUG.  Very soon after that, I was strongly
     suggested to use Debian and as a profane I followed my friends'
     advices.  At that time, I mostly worked on Windows 2000 and only after
     another crash I definitively switched to GNU/Linux.  This was around
     early 2003.

     Since then, I hacked simple modifications in different areas,
     following my interests: PlayStation emulation, ACPI hotkey
     configuration on ASUS laptops, acx100 WiFi driver.  Moreover, I
     started to report bugs to the Debian BTS, providing a patch whenever
     the solution was trivial for my skills (this is something I still do
     nowadays).

     I started prepare Debian packages because I needed software that were
     not present in Debian and then I offer my services to friends'
     request.  This lead me to get in touch with UnCommon Web [5] and lisp
     in general (mostly Common and Emacs Lisp), which is now my primary
     area of interest within Debian (even if I'm aware that my Common Lisp
     knowledge still needs to grow).  ATM, I officially maintain 8
     packages, which are all bug-free and synced to upstream versions.  I
     discussed with upstream authors during package preparation and for
     I started prepare Debian packages because I needed software that were
     not present in Debian and then I offer my services to friends'
     request.  This lead me to get in touch with UnCommon Web [5] and lisp
     in general (mostly Common and Emacs Lisp), which is now my primary
     area of interest within Debian (even if I'm aware that my Common Lisp
     knowledge still needs to grow).  ATM, I officially maintain 8
     packages, which are all bug-free and synced to upstream versions.  I
     discussed with upstream authors during package preparation and for
     other problems, because I believe that a strict collaboration between
     upstream and Debian is required to offer the best packaging work to
     end users.  Moreover, I worked in collaboration with the CL-Debian
     group [6].

     The major goal I've now is to bring UCW (and all its dependencies) to
     Debian: I personally met its upstream author and I'm coding upstream
     most of the changes required, but not specific to Debian.  As UCW is
     not a simple Common Lisp library (like most of the other packages I
     maintain), but is intended to be a real web server, I'm familiarizing
     with other aspects of Debian which I've never touched before (like
     init scripts, files/folders permission, FHS locations).  Other than
     UCW, I discussed with the StupmWM maintainer and we agreed I'm taking
     over maintenance of this package, so I'm trying to better understand
     how X is organized in Debian.  Anyway, I see a Common Lisp future ;-)
     Because one package already in the archive and an incoming one
     suggest doc-rfc* packages, I'll try to solve bug #287224 [7].

     About volunteering my time...  I think one of the best thing is
     helping others (yes, as Italian I grew up in a strong catholic
     environment), so I try to do it even outside the computer world.  I
     like hacking, discovering new world (in the sense of new software) and
     solving the problems I face.  I try to improve my machine even not
     being a Debian developer, so why not doing it together with other
     people that (partially) share my interests, thoughts and feelings?