AM report for Eike Sauer

Report for new developer applicant Eike Sauer <eikes@cs.tu-berlin.de>:

1. Identification & Background
------------------------------
   Check with keyid 6A8333C6:
   ID check passed, key signed by 1 existing developer:

   pub   1024D/6A8333C6 2003-12-28
      Key fingerprint = 7536 36FE 6276 8F94 785D  2042 C3F8 A3A2 6A83 33C6
   uid                  Eike Sauer <eikes@cs.tu-berlin.de>
   sig!3        94C09C7F 2004-01-12  Peter Palfrader
   sig!3        6A8333C6 2003-12-28  Eike Sauer <eikesauer@t-online.de>

   The key is signed by several other well-known OS people.

   Let's test if its a version 4 or greater key: Key is ok
   Check for key expire stuff: Key has no expiration date set, nothing to check.

   Applicant writes:

   "Computer Bio"

   My first computer was an MSX-1 by Sony in 1984, my first PC
   was a 386 in (AFAIR) 1990.
   I heard about Linux from fellow students. Unfortunately, my
   Compaq PC coulnd't run it back then. I gave it a second try
   later (on my next PC) when I once again felt kidded by Windows.
   (After problems with an installation, it told me at every boot
   to press a key to continue, just to change to graphics mode
   and say "You may now shut off your computer"...)
   I bought a Debian CD. Just because it was the cheapest, not
   knowing anything about free software yet. So I'm using Debian
   since '98.
   I learned more about free software and tried to do some small
   contributions to Debian. I translated many texts to German in
   the DDTP project.
   In 2003, I wanted to do something more adequate to my skills.
   I planned to fix some bugs, but I couldn't find a decent graphical
   diff tool to compare source files. When I came across kdiff3 and
   found it had no Debian package yet, I packaged it.
   I'm applying as a DD because I want to continue contributing to
   Debian. I got no exciting plans, I just want to continue packaging
   as a DD and look for some other applications to package.

   I'm using Debian for 8 years now and it does a great job.
   So I want to do some work in return.

2. Philosophy and Procedures
   Eike has a good understanding of Debian's philosophy and
   procedures. He answered all my questions about the social contract,
   DFSG, BTS, etc. in a good way. He committed to uphold the SC and
   DFSG in his Debian work and accepts the DMUP.