Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 09:00:05AM +0100, Sven Mueller wrote:
> Simon Huggins wrote on 07/01/2006 18:44:
> > On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 07:00:44PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> >>What currently happens after you've passed the AM phase is this:
> >>- some AM fully checks your report (while writing it)
> >>- someone from FD fully checks your report
> >>- someone from DAM fully checks your report
> >>I think you can see where I'm getting at: this is quite some duplication
> >>of work for reasons unclear to me.
> > Many eyes make bugs shallow.
> So you would recommand that 100 DDs check all applications because it
> would make sure less applications pass despite a number of problems in
> those applications?

No, I was replying to Thijs Kinkhorst who wants to merge FD and DAM and
only have two people check the whole report.

Your proposal of having other AMs be able to sign applications that they
think are correct is quite different and does seem quite sane to me.

> Sorry, but the questions asked of applicants are quite extensive to
> begin with, so even _if_ a minor problem would go unnoticed as a
> result, this would certainly not be the end of the world. As a result
> I think that two full checks would be quite enough.

Sure, I still prefer your "many AM sigs can help an application go
faster" idea where AMs sign a completed app and then there is a check by
DAM if it's deemed necessary (despite the sigs) before it's passed on to
have the account created I think.

--
 _        huggie@earth.li      -+*+-     fou, con et anglais      _
(_) '<blitz> huggie: je sais je suis nulle...mais je suis très  (_)